11/35 7.350 pushrods
    Melling high pressure oil pump
    10% Under drive pulley
    36lb GTP injectors
    K&N Intake
    Pacesetter Headers
    3 in exhaust with no mufflers
    3.91 gear

Im new to tuning. I bought a wide band sensor that I still need to hook up but looking for a base tune that I can use to get started. Anyone have a similar setup or advice where to start at? I updated my injector data. The car starts and idles but is running rich and I fouled out some plugs . Thank you.

Post tune and logs.

If it's rich with the injectors just pull fuel out via the MAF curve and VE table, like 3-5% or so. Just do small amount so you don't jack everything up. Once it's idling around the 14-15afr on the wideband just start tuning the MAF and VE with your wideband using an AFR error or Lambda error. Worry about the airflow model and idle tuning first and power/timing last.

Nobody will really have a "base" tune for you start with because your base tune is your factory tune and no two vehicles will take exactly the same changes.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Here is the tune that I am using right now. I think my bank 2 sensor is bad. Its slow to respond and bank 2 has a -25% long term fuel trim while bank one is -10%. I havent drove the car yet but can log it idling if that will help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Doesn't look like you updated the injector flow rate table for the new injectors yet either.

That file still shows what I assume the factory size injectors. The GTP injectors are 36lb/hr at 43psi and you need to input the data for those at 58psi of fuel pressure.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Doesn't look like you updated the injector flow rate table for the new injectors yet either.

That file still shows what I assume the factory size injectors. The GTP injectors are 36lb/hr at 43psi and you need to input the data for those at 58psi of fuel pressure.
    Sorry I uploaded the wrong file. This is what is in my car now and I also attached a stock tune that was pulled before I messed with anything.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    definitely the stock file as "stock"? looks pretty neat and tidy to me

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by lukearmstrong1990 View Post
    definitely the stock file as "stock"? looks pretty neat and tidy to me
    Thats the stock tune that was on the car. The other one is the one that I made with new injector data imported.

Advanced Tuner
    im from Australia and we pretty much do everything in SD here. I can write something that has a 1 bar custom OS to try and get you started

Advanced Tuner

base tune

you can try this. provided you have a TPS of 0 and a WOT of 100% should be a safe spot to start.

if its too rich or lean try adjusting entire VE or entire IFR table until you get some cruise data and trims or ideally wide band dataTune 1 SD 1 bar base USA.hpt

I find a 4.5 mm air bleed in the TB blade makes life so much easier with a decent camshaft. it can be done without it, but its much faster and easier with one.

FYI temperatures here range from about 3 degreed c to 45 degrees c as a reference

that is your modified file so if you wish to use it it will need a write entire to activate the custom OS
    Last edited by lukearmstrong1990; 02-08-2018 at 09:52 AM.

Tuner in Training
    you can try this. provided you have a TPS of 0 and a WOT of 100% should be a safe spot to start.

if its too rich or lean try adjusting entire VE or entire IFR table until you get some cruise data and trims or ideally wide band dataTune 1 SD 1 bar base USA.hpt

I find a 4.5 mm air bleed in the TB blade makes life so much easier with a decent camshaft. it can be done without it, but its much faster and easier with one.

FYI temperatures here range from about 3 degreed c to 45 degrees c as a reference

that is your modified file so if you wish to use it it will need a write entire to activate the custom OS
    I will look at the file that you sent. How does the Tune 1 file look? When i rev up the car and the rpms drop the car will stall.

Tune it, plain and simple.

Everything from idle airflow to VE/MAF need changes so it's going to specific to your vehicle.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by nkluchkovskiy View Post
    I will look at the file that you sent. How does the Tune 1 file look? When i rev up the car and the rpms drop the car will stall.
    It had a few things different to how i find I have successfully in tuning LS1 cable throttle idle. Everything else looked not too bad.

Everyone has their own way of tuning LS1
    Idle with a decent camshaft.

The file I have attached will be fine to flash In via a write entire. If your throttle is at 0% at idle so the PCM is in idle strategy and not cruise or rolling idle etc and you have a 4-5mm hole in the throttle blade it should work and not stall.

However if the car is too rich or too lean at idle it will struggle.

Don?t use narrowband trims to gauge idle AFR as with a decent camshaft with overlap they will always be pulling -15-20% if in closed loop.

Use a wide band a decent lengths from the outlet of the head for idle. Or use common sense. If you crack the throttle and it responds with more air good chance it?s rich, if it stumbles more when u crack the throttle probably too lean

Tuner in Training
    It had a few things different to how i find I have successfully in tuning LS1 cable throttle idle. Everything else looked not too bad.

Everyone has their own way of tuning LS1
    Idle with a decent camshaft.

The file I have attached will be fine to flash In via a write entire. If your throttle is at 0% at idle so the PCM is in idle strategy and not cruise or rolling idle etc and you have a 4-5mm hole in the throttle blade it should work and not stall.

However if the car is too rich or too lean at idle it will struggle.

Don?t use narrowband trims to gauge idle AFR as with a decent camshaft with overlap they will always be pulling -15-20% if in closed loop.

Use a wide band a decent lengths from the outlet of the head for idle. Or use common sense. If you crack the throttle and it responds with more air good chance it?s rich, if it stumbles more when u crack the throttle probably too lean
    Ill give it a shot. Im not sure if i want to drill a hole im my throttle blade thought. I have heard of people doing it but many suggest not to do that. Waiting on new o2 sensors and still need to weld a bung for the wideband sensor. Michigan weather sucks right now so i wont be driving for a while any way. Its -14*C right now.