Thread: Run 2 versions of HPT at the same time?

Tuner in Training

Run 2 versions of HPT at the same time?

Is there a way to run 2.2.2 and 2.2.3 at the same time? The installs seem to stomp on each other.

Senior Tuner
    easiest way is to make 2 user accounts
    1 beta
    1 2.2.2

Tuner in Training
    The install doesn't give me the option of doing a user specific or "All User" install. Any other ideas?
    Last edited by limequat; 10-02-2012 at 07:36 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by planethax View Post
    easiest way is to make 2 user accounts
    1 beta
    1 2.2.2
    Interesting. I ran into the same issue (wanting the beta features, but also wideband standalone logging) and wasn't able to divorce the two versions on XP. But, setting up a second user account makes sense, thanks for the tip. I'll try that!

For limequat's post, I don't think it will prompt for where you want the install. What you'll want to do is log in under one account (I would imagine your main user account for whatever version of VCMSuite you'll use most) and install that version there. Then, within Windows, create another generic user account, and log in there, and install the other version of VCMSuite there. I haven't tried it yet, but I will soon.

Advanced Tuner
    i purchased hptuners pro recently...this last version only works with beta version.
    It is simple not working with 2.2.2 so i have to use the beta only and cannot use wideband stand alone datalogging. Nobody told me before i purchase it of this bug...