Thread: Disable Rear 02 Sensors & Change Gear Ratios

Potential Tuner

Disable Rear 02 Sensors & Change Gear Ratios

I am new to this and am trying to get my check engine light to stop coming on with rear 02 codes. My Truck is a 2001 Silverado 5.3L Auto trans. I installed headers & air intake system and removed all cats. Truck runs great but keeps setting rear 02 codes. Rear 02 are still plugged in and tied up on frame. I also installed 5:13 gears and now get the abs & brake lights coming on at times. I cannot seem to find where I would make these changes in my tune to fix these two items. Any help would be awesome.

Advanced Tuner
    Post your tune
    My setup is a 356ci with a 260/268 (212/218 at .050 lift) duration cam with aluminium corvette heads and flat top pistons running 11.3 comp. ratio. with tuned port injection and vortec crank pick up and dizzy running a 411 pcm and 60lb bosch injectors, 1.6 ratio roller rockers. For transmission its a 4l65e built with the monster in a box mega ss kit. All in a 92 chevy ext cab 4x4 pickup with a 98 cab now installed with a third door! running only e85

Potential Tuner
    is this the kind of answers you get on this site? I was hoping this site would give step by step instructions for lay people that are trying to learn the system, not answers that assume you know whats going on.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyguy56 View Post
    is this the kind of answers you get on this site? I was hoping this site would give step by step instructions for lay people that are trying to learn the system, not answers that assume you know whats going on.
    If you post a copy of the tune someone can look at it and tell you what has to be changed. That's the way it works here.
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000

Potential Tuner
    well most likely the person did not know how to do that or he would have posted his tune. Maybe you should have a thread to step by step show people how to do that. I would think that would get people like us learning.

Tuner in Training
    Because you are new and don't know what the hell you are talking about we'll be nice for now. 'Sweep was (the first person) trying to help 68 ZO6 as well as you with some of his spare time. Not all of theese cars are the same, so he didn't want to just tell you guys to do only what he had done on his vehicles with the possibility of leaving something out. (Some of theese PCM's tables are laid out differently, and from time to time use different OS's, occasionally.) It's also a rule of thumb around here, to post a copy of your tune when asking that type of question: 1. So we don't have to go pull a copy out of the repository ourselves just to answer everybodys questions individually - AND - 2. That way we actually can pretty much tell people what they have to change, what to change it to, as well as what tables/areas you have to click on to find where you should/shouldn't be making theese changes in a step by step kind of way - Which is exactly what he was actually trying to do in case you couldn't tell! And by the way based on your next response we will all be able to tell right away how much effort you have put forth into becoming familiar with this software, your tune, and how this forum is even designed to help you get nearly any question you need answered, given you actually try - a little. Good Luck!
    Last edited by PopUpBlocker; 10-11-2012 at 06:55 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PopUpBlocker View Post
    Because you are new and don't know what the hell you are talking about we'll be nice for now. 'Sweep was (the first person) trying to help 68 ZO6 as well as you with some of his spare time. Not all of theese cars are the same, so he didn't want to just tell you guys to do only what he had done on his vehicles with the possibility of leaving something out. (Some of theese PCM's tables are laid out differently, and from time to time use different OS's, occasionally.) It's also a rule of thumb around here, to post a copy of your tune when asking that type of question: 1. So we don't have to go pull a copy out of the repository ourselves just to answer everybodys questions individually - AND - 2. That way we actually can pretty much tell people what they have to change, what to change it to, as well as what tables/areas you have to click on to find where you should/shouldn't be making theese changes in a step by step kind of way - Which is exactly what he was actually trying to do in case you couldn't tell! And by the way based on your next response we will all be able to tell right away how much effort you have put forth into becoming familiar with this software, your tune, and how this forum is even designed to help you get nearly any question you need answered, given you actually try - a little. Good Luck!
    Hey, dont worry about being "nice for now" because you just proved what people say about this site, "no patience for beginners". If you notice the OP never came back and neither will I since you are anticipating my next response. Please delete me or take me off the membership from this site.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyguy56 View Post
    Hey, dont worry about being "nice for now" because you just proved what people say about this site, "no patience for beginners". If you notice the OP never came back and neither will I since you are anticipating my next response. Please delete me or take me off the membership from this site.
    Don't bail out, just be patient.
    there is help out there.
    The Regal has been laid to rest..... rust
    Now have an 06 Lucerne with the 3.8 and wishing HPT would cover that car
    Loved my 2001 Buick Regal GS.
    With more than 334,000K, 3.4 & 3.6 pulley, Change stats and pulleys with the seasons, Upgraded grounds & power wire, Volt booster, Caspers timing commander(AKA happy knob), Spectra intake-fender wall, PLog, 3" DP & 2.5 exhaust, HPTunner 12" Impala duel piston front brakes, New trans,GMPP suspension... yada, yada...

Advanced Tuner
    ok here it is go to code list and in the drop down box change all codes related to the b1s2 and b2s2 to no error reported and also for catalic convertor codes. maybe be more to change but not sure with your file. also uncheck the ses light box
    My setup is a 356ci with a 260/268 (212/218 at .050 lift) duration cam with aluminium corvette heads and flat top pistons running 11.3 comp. ratio. with tuned port injection and vortec crank pick up and dizzy running a 411 pcm and 60lb bosch injectors, 1.6 ratio roller rockers. For transmission its a 4l65e built with the monster in a box mega ss kit. All in a 92 chevy ext cab 4x4 pickup with a 98 cab now installed with a third door! running only e85