Thread: Cts-v Shift Flare

Cts-v Shift Flare

Have tried everything i know on this one... 4-5 shift flares twice before shift pretty badly. first noticed it on the dyno, til we pulled using TUTD, which was fine. Now it seems to be doing it with tap, although not as bad.

seems to have gotten worse after resetting adapts, so i'm leaning towards a pressure prob...

so far have increased shift pressure (oncoming and offsetting, TOGETHER NOT SEPARATE), disabled TM upshift although that should make it worse, fixed the partial tables vs WOT that dont match from the factory on these, moved wot shift speed closer to actual wot rpm so they're not working against just in case, and last tried all types of combos for preset on 4-5 fill...10 less, 20 more, 40 more.

i usually nail it by now...what am i missing? it will usually flare twice before completing shift. other shifts fine, except NORMAL 2-3 mess til servo fills first time after cold...

bmb

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BMBSALES View Post
    Have tried everything i know on this one... 4-5 shift flares twice before shift pretty badly. first noticed it on the dyno, til we pulled using TUTD, which was fine. Now it seems to be doing it with tap, although not as bad.

seems to have gotten worse after resetting adapts, so i'm leaning towards a pressure prob...

so far have increased shift pressure (oncoming and offsetting, TOGETHER NOT SEPARATE), disabled TM upshift although that should make it worse, fixed the partial tables vs WOT that dont match from the factory on these, moved wot shift speed closer to actual wot rpm so they're not working against just in case, and last tried all types of combos for preset on 4-5 fill...10 less, 20 more, 40 more.

i usually nail it by now...what am i missing? it will usually flare twice before completing shift. other shifts fine, except NORMAL 2-3 mess til servo fills first time after cold...

bmb
    How warm is the tranny, and are you sure it's full of fluid. If it holds 4/5/6 in TUTD the clutches are usually fine.
    11.49 @ 118 1.49 60' Bolt on 2010 IOM Camaro

www.6l80etuning.com 6L80/90 Tuning

Banned
    I disabled Adaptive shift pressures and it helped my in my A6 Corvette