Thread: Locked by other...

Potential Tuner

Locked by other...

Hi guys,
    I went to the dealership today to have my pcm flashed back to stock.I managed to write a 2002 bin to my 2000 pcm, and was not able to edit it because I dont have support for 2002's...I figure that $65 at the dealer is cheaper than a $199 upgrade.
    Anyway,the guy used a Tech2 and it had the latest updates for my car.I notice now that my engine cal ID #'s are alittle different(9358629 vs.9357640 on my old bin).
    The BCC is now yyyy instead of DAPA and the lock status is 'Locked by other'.The OS ID is still the same(9381344).
    The biggest issue I have is now I assume the Write Entire VCM function will not work.(due to the BCC)
    Can this be fixed with a HPT software upgrade?
    thanks for your time.

Re: Locked by other...

The dealer did not reflash your PCM correctly.

The BCC being incorrect won;t make a difference. What error are you seeing when you try to rewrite the entire VCM?

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner

Re: Locked by other...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    The dealer did not reflash your PCM correctly.
    Thats what I tought.I had him look at it again today,I guess he reflashed it correctly this time.
    I was able to write my saved factory tune back to the car this afternoon,but the read I took today (before I flashed my factory tune) still looked the same as the first time.
    The errors were 'unable to load bootloader',something to that effect.And 'Error unlocking the binary file'.
    I did pull the PCM fuse to reset it this time.
    Everything seems to be working ok now as I have written a couple of different calibrations to the car this afternoon,and the tuner lock status is now 'Unlocked'.And the car still runs...
    Thanks for your quick response!