Thread: Couple of simple questions

Tuner

Couple of simple questions

Cylinder air/airmass

Is the dynamic cylinder air PID in the scanner the same as the cylinder airmass in the spark tables?

Stall Saver

These tables indicate to the PCM when an impending stall condition is detected. The PCM has the ability to set the derivative RPM idle control system into action at a fast rate and disengage the AC clutch if a potential stall condition is detected.
    • RPM - In Gear: Below this RPM at the current desired idle RPM in gear, stall saver strategy will be implemented.
    • RPM - PN: Below this RPM at the current desired idle RPM in Park/Neutral, stall saver strategy will be implemented.

So, is this a riddle tongue twister designed to befuddle me? Does this tell me something or nothing? I think I'm looking at words I understand.

I think I am reading this as saying, "the chart across the top is rpms that it's supposed to be at but if it drops to the rpm's entered in the fields to use the stall saver scenario".
    Jason
    01 Camaro Z28 LS3 525hp Built 4l60e
    74 Camaro Z28 LT 355 fully forged roller with t56 4.56 gears

Tuner
    Guess they're not so simple...

Also, another question.

When setting dwell is it best to use factory settings? The reason I ask is that I'm transferring LS3 dwell data to my LS1 VCM since it has LS3 coils in it.
    Jason
    01 Camaro Z28 LS3 525hp Built 4l60e
    74 Camaro Z28 LT 355 fully forged roller with t56 4.56 gears

Potential Tuner
    interested as well. any info people?