Thread: Need some questions answered.

Potential Tuner

Unhappy Need some questions answered.

So i have finally purchases this MPVI Pro VCM Suite editor package and would really love to get my car running. I have a stock Saturn Ion 2.0 2006, stock. I established the baseline but have absolutely NO KNOWLEDGE of tuning. I am a quick learner, and would love to learn but it seems like something i you need to understand as opposed to just learning. Point being, i have a 2.8 pulley, LS4 throttle body, 60# injectors and a water methanol kit all ready to be hooked up. I am at a stand still because i am unsure of what needs to be altered. I know ill have to change my throttle body scaler (if someone could point me in the right direction? D to accommodate my new throttle body. But what needs to be changed for the fuels injectors? injectors flow rate? Is there a specific number i change it to bases on my fuel injectors? Point being im wondering if there is like a plug and play canned tune for a stage 3 saturn or if basic tuning knowledge is required because everyone numbers are different based on the car itself, elevation, temps, and various other things that may make a difference? ;( Iv had this stuff in my living room forever and would LOVE to have it installed. I would also like to know how to run more degrees of timing due to my water methanol kit. Thanks for whatever help you guys may provide in advance! i can post my stock file as soon as im home.

You really need to learn the way the engine controlled by the computer. Greg banish has some good books that really helped me. My car is a twin turbo LS3 and it runs well after I lernt alot off these books and his Vids. There is alot to learn!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...stripbooks%2C0

Potential Tuner
    Well before i spend even more money i need to get my car operational with my mods. Anyone willing to tune via email for money? lol. id imagine i can data log with the scanner and then email it to someone?

It is good when you learn it. It is quite a bit trial and error and alot of patence. I would help you out but Im still learning myself. I have logged about 5hours of data atleast to get my car running well. The best way to go about it would be to go to a dyno house and ask for a tune, they will get all your settings right for injectors etc. Injectors are very important to get right otherwise tunning can be hard. You need to make sure they dont tunerlock the tune!