Thread: Credit question

Tuner in Training

Credit question

Hey guys, just wanted to check I understand the way credits work correctly, I am wanting to tune unlimited 99-05 Holden commodore gen3 v8's , I can do this by purchasing the year/model option for 6 credits right? And the licence will cover 99-05 and not just one of the years?

Cheers

Jay

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    6 credits covers just one of the year/models, not all of them.

If you want to tune all 99-05's you might consider opting for the gen 3 unlimited vcm license(30 credits) which comes with all those licenses, all vcm enhancement licenses as well as additional vehicle licenses.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    6 credits covers just one of the year/models, not all of them.

If you want to tune all 99-05's you might consider opting for the gen 3 unlimited vcm license(30 credits) which comes with all those licenses, all vcm enhancement licenses as well as additional vehicle licenses.

Ok ill give you my scenario, i have 6 4wd's all of which have had ls1 conversions, the wiring is the same in all of them, but they have ecu's from various years , 2 from 20000 , 2 from 2002 , 1 from 2003 and 1 from 2004 . with the 6 credit year/model licence can i rewrite all of the ecu's to be for example an 2002 year/model? by using a write entire or something? and be able to tune all of them for the 6 credits?

thanks in advance

Jay

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    from your scenerio you would need at MINIMUM 4 credits for the 2000's(2 single vcm licenses), 4 for the 2002's, 2 for the 2003 & 2 for the 2004 so a total of 12 credits for the 6 single vcm licenses. If you want to do year/model licenses you might just consider the unlimited gen 3 car or truck license.

Tuner in Training
    from your scenerio you would need at MINIMUM 4 credits for the 2000's(2 single vcm licenses), 4 for the 2002's, 2 for the 2003 & 2 for the 2004 so a total of 12 credits for the 6 single vcm licenses. If you want to do year/model licenses you might just consider the unlimited gen 3 car or truck license.
    Cheers bill, so I can't do a rewrite entire on all of them using say a 2000 model file since they're all the same vcm, then they would all fall under the same year/model ?
    Or does it just not work that way?

Advanced Tuner
    I would think you could write all the ECM's with the same file but I'm unsure
    My setup is a 356ci with a 260/268 (212/218 at .050 lift) duration cam with aluminium corvette heads and flat top pistons running 11.3 comp. ratio. with tuned port injection and vortec crank pick up and dizzy running a 411 pcm and 60lb bosch injectors, 1.6 ratio roller rockers. For transmission its a 4l65e built with the monster in a box mega ss kit. All in a 92 chevy ext cab 4x4 pickup with a 98 cab now installed with a third door! running only e85

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You could write them all with the same file(as long as they use the same pcm) however you'd need to license each pcm so either way it works out to the same amount of licenses as I previously stated.

Tuner in Training
    You could write them all with the same file(as long as they use the same pcm) however you'd need to license each pcm so either way it works out to the same amount of licenses as I previously stated.
    ok cool, i think ill just licence them individually.

one last question, on my 2000 model vcm cruse lean doesnt exist, is there a way to enable it or should i just do a rewrite entire using a 2004 file? and will this end up costing me 4 credits or just 2 ?

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    2 credits first to unlock the PCM you will be using. 2 credits for the new file you want to write onto that PCM, but... Make sure you don't end up with missmatched VIN and O.S. pair. (O.S. = operating system used on your file, new or old.)