Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keeping converter locked on 4l80e at 0% Throttle

Potential Tuner

Keeping converter locked on 4l80e at 0% Throttle

I have the latest beta version of HPT and i have been trying to keep my 2002 4l80e to stay locked at 0% throttle and i cannot make it do it.

This is in a 2002 silverado with a 6.0/4L80E tune file, which is a drive by cable (DBC).

I have done this successfully on a 2003 6.0/4L80E drive by wire truck(DBW), but i cannot get my DBC truck to stay locked at 0% TPS.

Has anyone else been able to do this successfully?

Potential Tuner
    I got it to work...here is how i did it if anyone else needs help.
    Don't judge my tables. I have been trying to get the converter to stay locked at 0 throttle, and i know this works as it is but i still need to pay with the lockup speeds as it is now. With a big cam it is pretty "jerky" at low speed and low tps like it is set now.

Advanced Tuner
    I was going to try this on my truck. Good to know that it's going to work. Thanks.

Potential Tuner
    I am a Newbie to tuning and I'll admit I dont know the ins and outs of tuning but is this safe for the longevity of the tranny?

Advanced Tuner
    4L60E's are tuned this way from the factory...

Potential Tuner
    I have 2.23 beta and it doesnt have the option of minimum throttle response like in the screen shot above, but it does have the TCC apply/release tables. Will it work if I configure my throttle position % 0 like he has?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatdown Z View Post
    4L60E's are tuned this way from the factory...
    Only cars, never seen a truck OS keep the TCC locked on 0% TPS. Goes for the Gen IV stuff too.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Advanced Tuner
    ok...

Potential Tuner
    @ beatdown z by adjusting the TCC minimum values that much how will affect my ability to tow? My express 3500 van contains 275 gallons of water and weighs upwards of 10k.

Advanced Tuner
    Which "minimum values" are you referring to?

Keeping the converter locked when you reach 0% throttle will not affect towing. Honestly, for a truck with a stock converter, you'll hardly notice a difference.

Now the guys with the aftermarket high-stalling converters and loud exhaust... that's a different story...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatdown Z View Post
    ok...
    So that's a bone a stock tune from a 5.3L truck? Does that actually keep the TCC locked when you let off the gas completely at, say 60mph? Im betting no... All tunes have the 0% value set, but in truck OSs they still unlock when you let off the gas.
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...

Advanced Tuner
    Yes and yes. AFAIK, all light duty 4L60E trucks keep the converter locked at 0% throttle.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by banker099 View Post
    I got it to work...here is how i did it if anyone else needs help.
    Don't judge my tables. I have been trying to get the converter to stay locked at 0 throttle, and i know this works as it is but i still need to pay with the lockup speeds as it is now. With a big cam it is pretty "jerky" at low speed and low tps like it is set now.

I have beta version 2.23.582, but I don't have those Minumum Throttle Release tables. Do I need a newer version of 2.23 to get them?

Tuner in Training
    Well, I just downloaded the latest Beta, and now I have these tables, and the converter stays locked when coasting at 0% TPS.

Advanced Tuner
    Nice, ain't it!? No more having to mess with relays and 60E tunes...

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for this information. I just finished my 4L80E swap into my 2000 Silverado. This is my first time tuning. So to keep the converter locked at 0% I change low speed VSS and high speed VSS to 256, and the rest to 0%?

Do I also change the 2nd apply and 2nd release table to 255?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by iregret View Post
    Do I also change the 2nd apply and 2nd release table to 255?
    You can if you want to.

Here's what mine looks like.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    Can these tables be added to the T42 OSs? Great the LS1 PCMs have it, the T42s need these as well.
    ~Erik~

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Can these tables be added to the T42 OSs? Great the LS1 PCMs have it, the T42s need these as well.
    Please
    2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS AWD with boltons GP tuned
    2012 Chevy Cruze A6 LTZ RS Vermount Stade 0 tuned