Thread: map reading 105kpa with motor off after 2 bar os

Potential Tuner

map reading 105kpa with motor off after 2 bar os

When i have the stock tune flashed the map reads correctly. And when i go to the 2 bar os it reads 105 kpa without the motor running. Also the motor runs like crap unless i unplug the map sensor. Anybody else having. This problem?

Check your MAP sensor calibration.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

With the 2bar OS you have to actually physically change to a 2bar sensor as well. Most all stock NA LS engine cars will only read up to 105kpa.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Potential Tuner
    i did have a 1 bar map at first. i have a true 2 bar installed and still reading 105 with key on. the sensor reads 2.5v with key on and motor off. map linear set to 200, offset to 10.33. it also has a hard time starting. once it starts it will run really well for about 5 seconds and then start surging and die.

What does the MAP read when the engine is running? Does it jump around or stay constant?

Potential Tuner
    it does change when running. i cant remember what the kpa was but my other gauge is set to psi and it reads 14.8 with motor off and 6.5 when idling. my dash vac/boost gauge says 25 of vacuum when at idle

Quote Originally Posted by QUADRACER541 View Post
    When i have the stock tune flashed the map reads correctly. And when i go to the 2 bar os it reads 105 kpa without the motor running. Also the motor runs like crap unless i unplug the map sensor. Anybody else having. This problem?
    100 - 105kPa is atmospheric pressure.
    I count sheep in hex...

Normally to get that map sensor to read correctly with the current weather stations barometric pressure I use 8.8kpa and 200kpa. Generally barometric pressure stays between 98-99 here in central Kentucky. Few days when a high pressure front comes through we will see 101kpa.

Best thing to do is double check how it reads with a weather station. You can convert inHG to kpa using a convertion calculator.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Potential Tuner
    Ok that makes sense. Thanks for all The help. My next problem is the motor Surging and dies. i'm pretty sure it's my injector calibration. I Have venom 48# injectors for a 86-04 corvette from ebay ( big mistake). They came with a basic flow sheet. But no calibration info. And no response from customer service.