Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fan harness for e-fan operation via ECM

Glad to help

This is the dual fan, 2 speed diagram from a F-Body (series/parallel)
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

So the prob. I'm having with my temp climbing while standing still is the lack of high speed wire? The harness I bought only came with the pin 42. I was just going to ask why my fans were spinning way slower than before the new harness. Should I contact the maker of the harness and ask how to add that high speed wire to the harness?

I'm still playing with the fan table and I still can't get the fans to keep my temps below 190 even. Before the harness to run off the ECM the temp never got above 187 ever. Also the fans were spinning like 2 times faster. I've put my current file a screen shot, If someone could please help I will be very appreciative. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfister77 View Post
    So the prob. I'm having with my temp climbing while standing still is the lack of high speed wire?
    Yes .. without a wire from C2 pin 33 (High speed fan) you are running the fans on Low speed.

The harness I bought only came with the pin 42. I was just going to ask why my fans were spinning way slower than before the new harness.
    Because the OEM 3 relay fan wiring harness is configured to operate the fans in series (Low) and parallel (High).

Should I contact the maker of the harness and ask how to add that high speed wire to the harness?
    If you want the fans to run at High speed (parallel) - Yes.

I'm still playing with the fan table and I still can't get the fans to keep my temps below 190 even. Before the harness to run off the ECM the temp never got above 187 ever.
    Thats because before using the harness with the OEM 3 relay configuration the fans were running at full speed (High) anytime they were activated.

Also the fans were spinning like 2 times faster.
    Yes they were - see the above comments.