Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: install on windows 8

I tried my first vehicle download Thursday with window's 8. It stopped downloading at the validation. I gave it a couple extra minutes, and it didn't go any further.

To make it worst, I couldn't close the download box or the window. I unplugged my computer from the interface and still couldn't close the download box. I closed the top of the laptop, and I pulled out my laptop with windows7 and had no problem downloading the tuning the rest of the vehicles.

The next day, I opened the top of my windows8 laptop, and the unable to load the calibration was still up, and I still couldn't close the box. I couldn't do a print screen to save it. I had to do a hard reboot and reset the computer.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Weird, anyone else run into the above?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Maybe its my computer.

I went to office depot and max'd out the RAM for my new laptop.

Then I retuned my Corvette and my wife's van with out an issue with the laptop.

I think it was my computer being slow. I ran the scanner, uploaded and dowloaded tunes, and no issue this time.

What really suck with window's 8 is no instructions of how to find or work programs.
    Last edited by Phil'sC5Vette; 02-10-2013 at 11:18 AM.

Tuner in Training
    ok so Im looking at getting hp tuner but my lap top runs on windows 8 I have windows seven I can put in my lap top should I do this so I dont have any problems with the intall or other things?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by krzy_z2013 View Post
    ok so Im looking at getting hp tuner but my lap top runs on windows 8 I have windows seven I can put in my lap top should I do this so I dont have any problems with the intall or other things?
    I am running win8 and it works fine, make sure you have 2.238 or higher for it to work.
    Most things are going to run on 8 so you should keep the 8.

Im Haveing issues right now!!

Damn computer did it again. I tuned a 2000 in the morning and everything went fine. Went to tune a 2011 Camaro, and it locked up again stopping at the end at the validation. Recently, I added more memory to the computer, and still did it. Ill have to look at my records, and it looks like it first locked up on a 2004 corvette, then I added memory, and tuned my wifes Van again untill today.

I tuned my C5, another C5, my wife's 2006 Uplander with no issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil'sC5Vette View Post
    I tried my first vehicle download Thursday with window's 8. It stopped downloading at the validation. I gave it a couple extra minutes, and it didn't go any further.

To make it worst, I couldn't close the download box or the window. I unplugged my computer from the interface and still couldn't close the download box. I closed the top of the laptop, and I pulled out my laptop with windows7 and had no problem downloading the tuning the rest of the vehicles.

The next day, I opened the top of my windows8 laptop, and the unable to load the calibration was still up, and I still couldn't close the box. I couldn't do a print screen to save it. I had to do a hard reboot and reset the computer.
    Last edited by Phil'sC5Vette; 03-17-2013 at 07:02 PM.

Just an update, Yesterday I tuned a 1999 C5, 2004 CTS-v, and a 2010 Camaro with the latest version of BETA. With the exception of the normal CTS-v taking forever to download because of their navigation system, all the downloading and uploading went smooth throughout the day.

I used my Toshiba Satellite L875-S7110 with windows 8 all day without issue.

My new computer with windows 8 will not recognize my application key. Ive downloaded the newest version and it still won't recognize the key. I sent an email to support and will update my post In case anyone else runs into the same issue.
    06 Twin Turbo GTO