Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: install on windows 8

Tuner in Training

install on windows 8

Just got a new laptop that has windows 8. Any special instructions to install on this OS? I tried installing the "framework" but it comes up with a banner which shows already installed. What can I do?
    '97 Corvette with 6.2L L92, L76 Heads, Performance Cam (.610 int/ex, 242 deg dur), 90mm TB, 38lb inj., long tube headers, Racetronix fuel system upgrade, aftermarket air intake.

Tuner in Training
    try installing everything in compatibility mode even framework and then set them to run in compatibility mode.

LC-1 Through the EGR

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiggles View Post
    try installing everything in compatibility mode even framework and then set them to run in compatibility mode.
    hmmm.... I do not know how to do that....
    '97 Corvette with 6.2L L92, L76 Heads, Performance Cam (.610 int/ex, 242 deg dur), 90mm TB, 38lb inj., long tube headers, Racetronix fuel system upgrade, aftermarket air intake.

Advanced Tuner
    Ask to [email protected] the lastest version.
    It works with a more recent .net framework and work perfectly with windows 8.

Tuner in Training
    Ugh I tried runnin compatibility mode and editor just wont open I also baught this new laptop on black Friday and I hate to take it back for one that has win 7

What version of Win8 does the machine have on it?

I have installed Beta's onto windows 8 pro machines with ZERO issues or tricks required.
    Installed beta program.
    Then go into device manager and install the 64bit drivers for HPTMPVI.

Thats all thats needed.

Tuner in Training
    looks like 2012 64bit im gonna try to update win 8

Potential Tuner
    I am having the same issue on a new HP laptop that I bought today that has windows 8 operating system. Have tried several things to get the .NET framework to allow the software to load to no avail. Even though the framework is loaded on the laptop from the factory it was not fully functional, we loaded updates and activated some of the parts that had not been activated from factory settings.

Still getting the error message saying to download net framework. I e-mailed support@hptuners asking for any kind of updated version of software that might be available to get past this glitch. Don't know when I will get a reply from them?

If anyone figures something out that might help a dummy, I am all ears! Frustrating to not be able to download the software on a new computer.

Thanks
    Floyd

i had issues at first but after installing all the windows updates hptuners now magically worksstill scratching my head on that but it works fully functional. i guess worst case though for people who cant run it buy a windows 7 based tablet and run hp tuners.

Quote Originally Posted by NTIMID8 View Post
    I have installed Beta's onto windows 8 pro machines with ZERO issues or tricks required.
    Installed beta program.
    Then go into device manager and install the 64bit drivers for HPTMPVI.

Thats all thats needed.
    this has worked for me as well.
    04 6.0 silvy china turbo
    87 gn
    03 stroker evo ww
    00 ss camaro

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by floman View Post
    I am having the same issue on a new HP laptop that I bought today that has windows 8 operating system. Have tried several things to get the .NET framework to allow the software to load to no avail. Even though the framework is loaded on the laptop from the factory it was not fully functional, we loaded updates and activated some of the parts that had not been activated from factory settings.

Still getting the error message saying to download net framework. I e-mailed support@hptuners asking for any kind of updated version of software that might be available to get past this glitch. Don't know when I will get a reply from them?

If anyone figures something out that might help a dummy, I am all ears! Frustrating to not be able to download the software on a new computer.

Thanks
    Floyd
    use the beta and see, should have .net checks removed

Potential Tuner
    Got the beta version loaded, everything seemed to download without any issues. I am a noob even though I have had the hptuners software for four years. I just purchased a 98 SS Camaro with a LS3 conversion and am excited to start learning to use everything. I know I have a big learning curve ahead.

remember save save save , only change one thing at a time and know the scanner cold. now get out there and give it hell.
    04 6.0 silvy china turbo
    87 gn
    03 stroker evo ww
    00 ss camaro

Ok, so I had downloaded the latest & it installed flawlessly into my new win8 machine.

Just for grins, I uninstalled it & installed off the CD. After doing this, the software would not launch

I uninstalled the CD version & reinstalled the newest download. It works again...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yeah I believed we went to the newer net framework 4.0 standard shortly after the last disks were built, thats likely the major difference.

Glad to hear its working out for everyone without any changes to our software.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Did an in-place upgrade to Win 8-yah I know should do a clean install-HPT was working fine in Win 7 but won't open in Win 8. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling from download, tried compatability modes nothing. Emailed support for the newest version but says they are tied up with PRI. Anyone able to point to a download or PM me a link?
    Last edited by translux; 12-10-2012 at 10:18 AM.

I have a clean install of Windows 8 after the motherboard in my old Win-7 computer went bad. At first the MPVI-Pro Scanner was not recognized, and then the drivers gave a CODE 41 error. Now things are okay. Mysterious.

An adaptation I made was pinning the EDITOR and SCANNER application icons to the task bar as no application tiles or desktop icons showed up.

Another trick is using IE 10 compatibility mode in all HP Tuners web windows including this forum. Without compatibility mode I cannot login or post even if logged in.
    15 Silverado 2500HD LML Z71, LTZ, 4x4, 6.6 ltr., Air Bags, FASS 90, 16/21 MPG.
    06 Quicksilver 6-speed GTO LS2-402, OCT 08 Dyno: 554rwhp/492rwtq, 18/26 MPG.
    16 Silver 6-speed Camaro 2SS LT1, 16/25 MPG.

Tuner in Training
    Mine installed easily, read entire fine.. Failed to erase on write.. So i'll check for windows updates and what not.. otherwise, i'll be back on my Windows 7 machine..

Anymore good news or bad news?

I need a new laptop.