Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vehicle license not found have 8 credits ?

tune and log

Here the tune and log .. Don't get me wrong I was not driving car when checking WB A/f I was just giving it throttle standing still .. That could be the diff . I dont have the WB wired up in to car it s just sitting on cowling ..
    Last edited by magnoman; 11-10-2012 at 08:50 AM.

You need to drive it for a while and log the WB and retune.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Have WB connected and drove around A/F seems spot on .. 14.3-14.9 idle mid and wot 12.5.12.9 ..
    I tried a different TB car ran great for two days idle was dipping sometimes down to 500rpm but did not stall then yesterday went for a ride then coming to a light idle diped and stalled restarted and would not idle had to keep foot on gas for 30 sec then she settled and ran good ?
    I am baffled . Starting to think I have a bug or corrupt ECU ? Is there a way to reflash ECU and reload tune back in ?

Advanced Tuner
    Why do you keep deleting the tune from this thread?

dont want to have it floating around the net .Had some of the best tuners in the country put there hard work into the tune and just respecting there work . I can upload on request

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by magnoman View Post
    dont want to have it floating around the net .Had some of the best tuners in the country put there hard work into the tune and just respecting there work . I can upload on request
    That's fine but if those are the only mods, there probably aren't any Ancient Chinese secrets being used in your tune.

Very true but these tuners are very sensitive to there tunes. I had one guy find out that another had his tune and was very upset .
    There seems to be no big secrets in my tune but there is something in there that I cannot seem to find the tables for and did not want to blow out the entire tune and start over but may need to .
    If I do a write entire can that hurt anything are burn up the ecu ?

I agree. Plus as much as I hear "I had the best tuner", "A pro tuner did this" it is quite amazing the poor work that comes from some of these places and shortcuts they take. Not taking anything away from those that do well, as there are many that do. I just get sick to my stomach when I see some of these tunes and know the guy wasted $100's.

I had a buddy that went to one of the (assumed) "top" tuners in world for LS1 engines and was told his motor was crap that is why it ran how it did. A few email tunes later we found there was absolutely nothing wrong with the motor.

If you want more help you are going to have to post up the recent log with the issue, with the right PIDs and the tune. Otherwise we can't help and it would probably just be best to take it back to the guy if he is that sensitive.
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

quick scan log with WB tuned posted and scan

I just did scan and log with WB and you can see where idle dips down to 227 rpm MAP spikes up and almost stalled . this is whats happening no matter what tweaks I try ?
    can not take car out on road today snowing

Check the sticky and log some idle parameters and other necessary ones to see what is going on. Need to see what throttle cracker, follower, idle spark advance, speed, RPM, stuff like that.

My first guess is that throttle follower is not allowing it to go in to adaptive idle. Try to set the 0-1200 RPM multiplier to 0 and see how that does. Not sure if that is active or not.

thanks will try that .

the 0-1200 RPM multiplier is on what page ?

ps, just found it ..
    thnx

Tried "0" 0-1200 RPM multiplier no change .it's so inconsistant can be off on throttle for 5-10 minutes all fine then all of a sudden idle dips down and almost stalls ..
    Feel like getting my diablo sport and loading in stock tune then flash the HP tune back in and see what happens ? there is a glitch somewhere..

Advanced Tuner
    Well I can tell you there were a ton of tables that were changed that didn't need to be for a CAM'd Z06.

You're right though. Looks like a whole lot of hands have been in that tune. I would flash it back to stock and start over.

Yes my thoughts exactly. Not really sure how to flash back since I do not have a stock tune in HP I can use .Do have a Diablo sport with a basic tune that was in the car when i bought it and it ran great .( no cam ) Could I just use Diablo Sport do that ? Then go back with HP and start over ?

Get a log, that was just something to try out blindly.

not sure what you mean

You need a log with parameters useful to troubleshooting idle. See my post above and the stickies for more info.

I have tried all kinds of tweaks nothing seems to help . I can be at standstill in garage and just feathering the throttle from off idle to 1500-2000 few times then suddenly when returning to idle it dips way down to 200-330 and either stall or comes back up .
    Think this stuff is way over my head and going to go back to tuner in a week or so when he has time.
    Car runs find besides that issue. One thing thats making me crazed is when starting up it revs way up then come down to idle never remember car doing that before all the hands have been in the tune ? Is a there a table I can adjust for the start up rpm jump up ?