Thread: How to reduce KR?

Potential Tuner

How to reduce KR?

im trying to teach myself tuning so help me out here guys. the car is a 06 pontiac solstice 2.4 has a hahn stage 3 turbo @ 13lb hoping to get to 15lb. it has 60lb injectors,2bar map, and a devils own meth injection kit with meth coming on at 10lbs running the biggest meth jet in the kit.
    ive attached a couple log files using different configs, you can see the KR that im trying to get rid of. Heres my theory tell me if im crazy, since its getting KR in certan areas should i go to those areas in the tune and pull the amount of timing that the car is pulling?
    if so how should i go about it? im finally starting to understand a little of the program so bare with me

thanks in advance

Potential Tuner
    after further looking should i copy the log kr table then paste special subtract from the high octane spart table?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    log kr with axis to match that of the high and low octane maps. most of us make the low octane map match the high octane map to command desired timing. drive around and then open histogram for kr and right click load all data. Select maximum value, copy entire histogram data, open high octane timing and paste special add if the kr table shows positive values(if it says neg values in the histogram then paste special add). the goal is to subtract the timing where kr hits. Then copy high octane to low octane so they match and reflash/drive.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    What do you mean by log with axis?? And wouldent I subtract from the octane tables?? Because I want to reduce timing so by adding timing to these tables would do the opposite wouldent it?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    watch this video.... i know its for the lnf but if you set the histogram axis up to match the timing tables for your gxp the steps will be the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsX2vfBNHM4
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Copying the High Octane table to the Low Octane table is a good first step. There are many different things that can effect knock, so simply removing X degrees of advance is not always the best answer.