Thread: '04 Chevy Aveo

Tuner in Training

'04 Chevy Aveo

Hello all-I'm not trying to tune this Aveo, but I am trying to hook up to it so that I can do some scanning and ultimately do a crank relearn operation. I am able to connect to the ecu, but it will not display any of the values for the PIDs listed in the table. It will not show RPM, ECT or anything. They are listed in the table, i.e. RPM (SAE) and when i start scanning it doesnt record any data. Any ideas on why it will not log data from the sensors? It also never activated the "begin" button for the CASE. Thanks for the help.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    if the aveo's have been unlocked all you need to do is add what you want to see to the table primary in the scanner so it knows what you want to see. then press record
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the reply, but I do have PIDs in the table. When I scan (record) it doesn't show the data. For example, it shows that it is connected and also that I'm scanning-but it won't give any readout for RPM, ECT or for whatever else I have listed in my table. I don't believe the Aveo is supported, but I should still be able to scan. I hooked up to my Infiniti QX56 and even it displayed data while I was scanning. I didn't think so, but do I have to designate somewhere that I am hooked up to a 4 cylinder?
    Last edited by SCZ28; 11-25-2012 at 10:07 AM.

you have to tell the scanner to connect.
    once connected open the table primary and right click insert
    a list should come up with various expanding drop downs
    pick the ones you want by double clicking them to insert them onto the table.
    once the first one is done select another box and repeat the process.

you dont have to tell it what size motor it is it would pull any information regarding year engine size will be tied to the vin which is read on connection. dtc's in a P0xxx code format are 85-90% standard amongst vehicles by law so yes its likely to scan and get a code that will most likely point you in the proper direction.

check this video out for another vehicle, if you set up the scanner in the same manner and it still doesnt work then idk. i got nothing else after that as i dont want to steer you wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpXtS...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 11-25-2012 at 10:53 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Right, that's what I'm saying is that I am connected, but the PIDs I have displayed in my table are not displaying data whenever I start scanning even though it says that I'm scanning.

I will give the link a try just to see if I'm missing something. I might need to try to update to the latest version. Thanks for the help!
    2000 Camaro Z28, 370 ci, Procharger D1SC, 10.20 @ 137 mph tuned on E85.

sorry it got you nowhere

Tuner in Training
    No your input was helpful, sorry I just thought maybe I wasn't conveying correctly what exactly was going on. I do appreciate the help.

Senior Tuner
    Seeing as how the Aveo is essentially a Daewoo
    They may use a different protocol and not scanable via Hpt.
    Just a quick guess.

Tuner in Training
    Oh really? I guess I was under the assumption that if it was OBDII that it was scannable, but I guess there could be variations? Should I be able to still do the CASE relearn if it isn't scanning?

Hpt selects the Ecu they want to read in their software. If an car has the same protocol or Ecu as one that's already readable most likely you can see some stuff by scanning the Ecu. It's not a generic scan tool so every obd2 vehicle is not going to be supported.

Tuner in Training
    That explains a lot. Thanks so much for the information!