Thread: Write entire help

Potential Tuner

New PCM questions

Didn't want to take up space with a new thread, so I edited everything here.
    Last edited by linkmaster44; 11-28-2012 at 09:15 PM.

A write entire does not destroy the PCM, a bad file does.
    If the editor can't find the PCM, it may be bricked by a bad flash.
    Try a battery disconnect for 15 min and try again.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Potential Tuner
    I already tried to disconnect the battery 3 times for half an hour each time. I searched to forum and found a guy who had accidently messed up his GTO this same way. He installed updates software and rescued the car.

Potential Tuner
    Having fried the PCM in my car, I snagged a replacement from the junkyard. What do I need to do in order to make this PCM work in my car? I know I will probably have to perform a security re-learn, which is detailed on Intense Racing's website. Car is a 2003 Bonneville.

I have HPT at my disposal and a copy of my stock tune. Would I be performing a "write entire" on the PCM?

Thanks for the advice guys.

write entire with your stock file should work just fine.
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner
    Talking with HPT support, they recommended going to the dealer in order to get the PCM flashed by the tech 2. While it is recommended, it is difficult since the car is inoperable and trapped in a parking structure.

I don't want to risk frying another PCM. So my understanding is this, plug in JY pcm to the car, hook up HPT, do the write entire of my old known good tune file, and start the car and be happy lol?

Sorry if I'm pestering but I'm just being super careful.

Thanks a lot for the advice and quick responses!
    Last edited by linkmaster44; 11-28-2012 at 09:17 PM.

well without knowing exactly what went wrong last time it's hard to guarantee success. Tech 2 does a write entire everytime it writes the PCM.
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner
    Hmmm. Well so basically I would just be erasing the tune from the JY by writing the entire to the PCM? So I wouldn't need to be doing all those CASE learns, and security things and all that? Basically a person with a Tech 2 won't be able to do much more good than I can do myself with my HPT?

Thanks Chris!