Thread: LM1 WBO2 Controller and HPT Scanner Differences

LM1 WBO2 Controller and HPT Scanner Differences

I hooked up my LM1 to the EIO and configured the 2nd LM1 Analog Out to Input #1 of the EIO (I have the white wire on the LM1 Analog Out going to the White Input on the EIO and then the two grounds connected together). I then told scanner that Input one (Insert) was the LM1. This worked on the first shot. However, I am seeing sizable differences between what the scanner is showing and what the LM1 controller is showing.

The factory defaults for the 2nd analog output of the LM1 is 1.002v = 10.0afr to 2.004 = 19.99afr. According to the Scanner Help file the LM1 defaults to "Wide Band O2 - LM1: result = volts / .5 + 10.

So I must be missing something in the translation here and need a little help getting apples to apples. Do I need to change the factory Analog 2 Output from 1-2 to 0-5 or did I really miss something here.

Thanks...
    Joe Santacroce

98 Black/Black A4 Coupe

Cam, 3.42's, TPIS Headers,
    Random Tech Cats, Yank 3600 TC,
    FLT Tranny, 150hp NX Shot

81 - Project FrankenSport

SRIII Tube Chassis, C4 Suspension,
    QA1 Coilovers, Dana 44 w/3.90's,
    T56 6spd, Corbeaus, Tubbed,
    Blown Z06 Engine, SW Headers/Sidepipes

Re: LM1 WBO2 Controller and HPT Scanner Difference

I set my LM-1 output #2 to 0-5 V and 10-20 AFR. I am not sure if I used the default HP Tuners setting but here is what works. Use the "Formula" like this:

Volts
    ------- +10

Should work fine. Good luck.
    2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
    3.6 V6
    More MODs than Stock

2018 Ram rebel
    5.7 Hemi V8
    Stock

Re: LM1 WBO2 Controller and HPT Scanner Difference

Quote Originally Posted by arthansen
    I set my LM-1 output #2 to 0-5 V and 10-20 AFR. I am not sure if I used the default HP Tuners setting but here is what works. Use the "Formula" like this:

Volts
    ------- +10

Should work fine. Good luck.

Thanks for the suggestion. Didn't have a chance to try it as I've been laid up (bronchitus). Took a quick look though and seems easy enough. As mentioned, I'm using the white wire on the two wire (actually 4 including the 2 grounds) Analog output that came with the LM1.

I didn't know what to put in for Units. I would assume anything such as MV or something would work.

Besides running the LM PRogrammer and configuring the control unit and then creating a USER Defined Input in HP Scanner is there anything else? Still don't know why the default LM1 input doesn't cut it but oh well.

Thanks again,

Joe..
    Joe Santacroce

98 Black/Black A4 Coupe

Cam, 3.42's, TPIS Headers,
    Random Tech Cats, Yank 3600 TC,
    FLT Tranny, 150hp NX Shot

81 - Project FrankenSport

SRIII Tube Chassis, C4 Suspension,
    QA1 Coilovers, Dana 44 w/3.90's,
    T56 6spd, Corbeaus, Tubbed,
    Blown Z06 Engine, SW Headers/Sidepipes