Thread: Alcohol tables for the Gen III PCMs

Alcohol tables for the Gen III PCMs

Title says it all.

I know there is a way to virtually determine the alcohol content of the fuel.

I would love a way to dial a tune without a fuel test everytime I fill up.

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    it's easy. All you need is a computer from a truck, wiring harness, alcohol sensor, different reluctor and a few other minor modifications.
    2018 Camaro SS, Maggie 2650, 103 TB, Big Gulp, E85

There are some PCM's that virtually determine the alcohol content without a sensor. Post 05.5 or 06 if I remember correctly.

That is what I want oh so badly.

If I can't have it, I'll probably end up picking up a PCM out of one of them thar trucks, and find a way to rig a dual PCM setup. Have the ethanol friendly box run all the engine, and have the stock PCM run all creature comforts. Hell, maybe have them each run a set of injectors too. Who knows. It might get crazy out here if I ever pick up a project car I don't mind hacking into a whole bunch.

Advanced Tuner
    i just run gas in the winter and the E85 in the summer. But yeah that would be sweet. Drives me crazy to think none of the factory force induction cars are flex fuel.

Would it have killed them to make (have made) the regal gs, C6, camaro, cobalt, G8 flex fuel?
    2018 Camaro SS, Maggie 2650, 103 TB, Big Gulp, E85

I have a 2002 SUV/Truck OS with a 4l60e tranny segement that I plan on trying to use in my formula. It has options for flex fuel correction with a sensor wired into the PCM. Just don't know how all the other stuff is going to function as well. Worth a shot anyway cause Fbodies are fairly stripped down from bells and whistles anyhow so I should just be able to turn off the codes to all the other stuff thats not used.

Flex sensors aren't cheap so it's been a project I have placed on the back burner.

It'd be nice to have a custom OS on the normal *156 OS that added support for this feature but Gen 3 developement from what I gather is done for.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400