Thread: Well, I graduated from tuner to calibrator today.

Well, I graduated from tuner to calibrator today.

It's been a long (8 months) hard road to this point, with literally COUNTLESS hours of reading these forums and experimenting, but it all finally makes sense. (At least for GEN 3 PCM's).

I just completely dialed in my car today to drive completely like stock under all conditions of engine coolant temp, intake air temps, and boost.

What's crazy, is once I figured out what exactly it is that you need to change in each of the parameters that need changing, it took me maybe an hour to an hour and a half to get this thing dialed.

And that scanner... HOLY CRAP!! The possibilities are endless!!! I love that thing.

It's so much easier, and faster to tune with HP Tuners, and get the job done right than with any other tuning software\aftermarket ECU I have used to date.

Thank you guys so much for developing this product. I can't even imagine how many hours of R&D were spent on development.

Knowing what I now know about this program. I would have gladly spent two or three times as much.

My only regret with my purchase is that I didn't get the pro version and had to rig up the wide band through the EGR.

I know in this kind of work, you'll get a lot of complaints about your product, but it's a rare day someone will send you a pat on the back.

Thanks guys!

John McDonald

Tuner
    I wish I had the time and patience to be able to sit down and play with the software like you did.

I'm sure the creators/engineers will read this and appreciate your "pat on the back".
    1997 Black Curse SEi, 4th Engine, 2nd trans.
    2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4.3L
    2002 Chevrolet S-10 LS 5.7L

Nice work. It always feels good to complete a project.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Nice work. It always feels good to complete a project.
    Thanks for the 2.5bar drop in sensor! That thing is AWESOME!!!

I got bored tonight, and needed to fill up.

I went by the gas station and filled up on some E85, did a fuel sample check, turned out to be E70, recalibrated, and 10 min later, was running 8lbs of boost, 25 degrees of timing, with no knock, and the car pulls like a raped ape!

It put 540 to the rear wheels uncorrected on 8 psi, 10:1 A/f and 10 degrees of timing, on the old school lingenfelter tune.

I can't even imagine what it's laying down now.

It's so much easier to ask the PCM for what you want instead beating\hacking it into submission.

It's time for a beer.
    Last edited by Kaploww; 11-29-2012 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaploww View Post
    It's time for a beer.
    I'll drink to that.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Advanced Tuner

Tuner
    Thanks for the 2.5bar drop in sensor! That thing is AWESOME!!!

It put 540 to the rear wheels uncorrected on 8 psi, 10:1 A/f and 10 degrees of timing, on the old school lingenfelter tune.
    Knowing what I now know about this program. I would have gladly spent two or three times as much.

My only regret with my purchase is that I didn't get the pro version and had to rig up the wide band through the EGR.

I know in this kind of work, you'll get a lot of complaints about your product, but it's a rare day someone will send you a pat on the back.

=
    Now that ive had Hp tuners for a year im really glad i got it too. I have a blast trying to figure out the little stupid things. I also wish i wouldve got the pro cable and now i dont feel bad for spending the 5-6 hunderd for it. I myself log threw ac pressure on my 2bar turbo car.

But two quick questions, 10:1 afr on e85? Ive always ran 10.5-10.8, i know lamda will be different and all that. Just wondering why you referenced 10.1.
    Also that 2.5 bar sensor isnt off a cobalt is it? Im limited to 210 kpa on my 2bar sd os thats why im asking. I dont know if you have your scaled different or something.

I got two

The 10:1 A/F was on gasoline. (too rich)

The 2.5 bar sensor is a custom sensor that Dsteck provided to me that (I'm guessing) he modifies, and it drops right in.

He provides calibration data for it when you purchase the sensor.

Tuner
    oh, ill contact him.

and ya lingenfelter tuned your car to run that rich? thats insane

Quote Originally Posted by Blingole View Post
    oh, ill contact him.

and ya lingenfelter tuned your car to run that rich? thats insane
    Yeah... 13 years ago hahaha.

The car is 4th to roll out of their shop.

All things considered. The tune was damn good by given the resources available at the time.
    Last edited by Kaploww; 12-03-2012 at 03:45 PM.