Thread: Torque Managment with Allison

Tuner in Training

Torque Managment with Allison

I have read a few post about reducing torque managment in the Allison Trans. I am aware the torque managment is in the engine programming, but I have been unable to find a clear picture on how to reduce the management. Some say they reduced it by 50% and others say the reduced it by 70%. My question is, did you just half or third quarter the original value in the 'Retard vs. % Torque Reduction' table? Any Help would be great!!

Advanced Tuner
    I am new at this also but if you highlight the whole table in retard vs torque table up in the top box put in .50 then hit the multiple (X) next to it it will cut the table in half or .75 for 3/4 reduction.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Badbowtie, Worked like a charm!!

Advanced Tuner
    No problem I am new to all this also. Glad I could help.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedegan78 View Post
    Thanks Badbowtie, Worked like a charm!!
    I know... old thread. But not much Allison talk here. Maybe you're still around?

So, what did this do for you in shift quality?
    Thx in advance.

I have an Allison behind my 8.1 and it is not easy to figure out. Any changes to the torque management tables cause the trans to rev up, shift late, and slam into gear. You can reduce the spark retard vs reduction and get a firmer shift and you can change the shift points. Once you try to increase the max torque all he?ll breaks loose.