Thread: 2003 S-10 oil PSI on PID reads -15 help

Arrow 2003 S-10 oil PSI on PID reads -15 help

i scanned a 2003 4.3 v6 truck today the dash oil gauge read 40-42 PSI, but the pid on the scanner read -15, i can not figure out why.. ???? help (sorry no scan file) will try to get another tomorrow .. closed laptop with out saving file lol opps but i can say that the same pid setup worked just fine on a 2004 6.0 truck
    Last edited by Monty; 12-15-2012 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    i scanned a 2003 4.3 v6 truck today the dash oil gauge read 40-42 PSI, but the pid on the scanner read -15, i can not figure out why.. ???? ... but i can say that the same pid setup worked just fine on a 2004 6.0 truck
    Your 2004 full-size truck and your S-series truck use different methods to report oil pressure to the IPC (instrument panel cluster - or gages).

With your 2004 full-size truck the output from the oil pressure sender is reported to the PCM. The PCM then sends this information via Serial Data to the IPC. Because this data exists within the PCM, it may be monitored as a PID.

With S-series trucks the oil pressure sender is hard wired to the IPC. As this data is never within the PCM, it is not available to be monitored as a PID.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
    Your 2004 full-size truck and your S-series truck use different methods to report oil pressure to the IPC (instrument panel cluster - or gages).

With your 2004 full-size truck the output from the oil pressure sender is reported to the PCM. The PCM then sends this information via Serial Data to the IPC. Because this data exists within the PCM, it may be monitored as a PID.

With S-series trucks the oil pressure sender is hard wired to the IPC. As this data is never within the PCM, it is not available to be monitored as a PID.
    Thanks Very Much