Thread: TQ based Diresed Air load ?

TQ based Diresed Air load ?

I am trying to tune my first LNF and i did real all the stickies and videos which was great info. I just want to know a little more about the Desired Air Load table. This table was set to 350 i set it back to 300 as per some how to's here. What is the max that this table could be set to that it will control ??

I am wanting to set that to the max I can and then control the boost by utilizing the WG control

Anything over 255 is pointless IMO. All ramping up the numbers higher does is make the throttle respond like a light switch (on or off) in those load areas.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    Anything over 255 is pointless IMO. All ramping up the numbers higher does is make the throttle respond like a light switch (on or off) in those load areas.
    is that how you get smooth on/off throttle control like gmtech talked about?
    2008 Sky RL

Quote Originally Posted by |V3nom| View Post
    is that how you get smooth on/off throttle control like gmtech talked about?
    i think your right i know mine look alot lower than others that i have seen. they were tuned by other people.. and they always complain it likes to full boost at 1/2 throttle but i have no problem.. now at 3/4 throttle yeah it ramps up and gets the f out
    2003 Ford excursion 6.0 PSD
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    KC billet single plane compressor wheel
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    AEM progressive water meth
    Custom suspension air bags
    8" lift
    35" tires

Advanced Tuner
    DAL and MALT gents. That's how you get the throttle control you're after. If you don't want to mess with the MALT, max it all the way across and adjust DALs accordingly.

You need to adjust the entire table too, not just the 90-100 column that people love to jack to 300+
    09 RY Cobalt SS Coupe - 19K miles - Bolt ons + 7163 ZFR, HP tuned on ethanol

Sold - 09 SRTC Cobalt SS Sedan
    Totaled - 09 VR Cobalt SS Sedan
    Sold - 09 RY Cobalt SS Sedan

but that last column is my favorite!

man i need to get back to tuning my car again and try some new stuff out, i havent touched it in too long!
    2008 Sky RL

can you make higher boost using the wgdc with low dals? like if i make 20psi at 5k with the dal at 220, could i make the same boost at 200 by adjusting the wgdc?

is boost dependent on the dal or is it independent?

im not wanting to do this but the opposite, by trying to flow more air at less boost by setting the dal higher and the wgdc lower.

they seem completely dependent on each other but i figured id ask in case other things are happening to control the dal other than boost.
    2008 Sky RL

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    running high dals makes it harder to control boost. with high dals 1 value difference on the wgdc is more of a jump than a transition from what ive been seeing
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

thats good to know and probably will come in handy one day but its not quite the answer im looking for.

is boost pressure solely dependent on the dals or is it controlled by other things as well?
    2008 Sky RL

i dont think anything in the LNF is solely dependant on a single table... You could say the MALT and DAL's set kinda like a baseline as far as boost is concerned then the Wastegate duty cycle fine tunes the boost curve and pressure amounts. But I dont think it is actually as simple as that because we have 4 spark tables, then 4 optimum spark tables, IAT spark, ECT spark, spark tables im sure we cannot see... this is just an example of how many tables have to work together to create how the engine will run

snap thats crazy.

i have another question, its actually what i originally meant but worded it wrong.

is the air load (maf lb/min) dependent on boost or is it like everything else and has 100 tables that effect what the outcome is? trying to figure out how to increase my lb/min without increasing boost.
    2008 Sky RL

lb/min will rise only when airflow is increased, so if boost is not being increased you will need either cams(more flow at higher RPM), headwork, or a larger turbo haha. my car currently peaks around 35.5lbs/min

maf lb/min is based on the Hz rate sent back to the ecu...........
    ve lb/min is calculated based off of a bunch of sensors that is why matching the two together nets good power. if ve is higher than the maf then your maf isnt calibrated for the air the other sensors are saying is coming in. once the cams move and everything agrees the power band is quite spectacular.

maf lb/min cannot be looked at as a sole information source because every time you calibrate the maf sensor it will skew the results a little here and there. best to compare multiple tables when making one change.

so messing with the cam tables wont increase air flow but optimize the flow thats already there to net the most power or mpg?

what does it mean if the maf reads higher than ve?
    2008 Sky RL

from what i see most cars run higher maf and lower ve when boosting so move a cam and the ve pics up. my guess is if maf is higher than ve then the engine isnt moving the air as efficiently as the maf calibration thinks it is. flow it out and the maf get closer to the ve by moving them.