Thread: 1998 Vortec 350 Silverado Tuning

Tuner in Training

1998 Vortec 350 Silverado Tuning

I've done some searching, and haven't found much on tuning the Vortec 350's. Is there anything specific or special to do/look for, or do you just do it about like you would ls-styles. I've tuned 4 6.0 lq4 trucks in the past. My buddy is wanting his 98 Silverado tuned so i thought I would do some research.

Thanks!!

Tuner in Training
    I've got a 98 Vortec I'm thinking of tuning. I haven't found much info either, besides swapping to a 411 pcm. I'm a new guy, I've scanned mine a few times and read the vcm, but I cant decide if I want to license it or swap it. If you find anything, let me know.

I worked at this real hard with other software and it is worthless as tits on a bull. Nothing is comparable to a LS engine as far as parameters, PIDS etc... I did come up with a procedure for fuel and even VET, but to much stuff missing to do SD or MAF stuff.

Hope HP has more parameters and correct PIDS to use.

Also try GM.AFR_B for commanded AFR, although it is not correct, it works when GM.AFR does not.

Tuner in Training
    thanks for the heads up. Info is definitely lacking on these unfortunately. I'm just waiting on my buddy to give me the money and I'll probably give his a whirl

Potential Tuner
    On 93 octane I gained 30RWTQ and 19WRHP on my 98 350.