Thread: Shift Pattern "type"

Shift Pattern "type"

I feel like I'm having a total Brain Fart here... But where can I find out the different settings within the different shift pattern types in the drop down menus. I'd like to find out what changes when I select one of the 12 different choices?

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/...ps02511563.jpg
    2011 CTS-V w/FRA, bolt-ons & flex

these usually depend on the programming of the BCM or inputs (rare). The BCM communicates what "mode" the vehicle is in and the TCM chooses either Pattern A or B based on that received mode. Hence, the "it is not recommended to change these values" in the help comments.
    I count sheep in hex...

Thanks Chris! So really, it's only a blind a/b selection?

yeah originally Pattern A and B were called Performance and Cruise and they were activated when the Power/Tow/Haul/Performance button or Cruise control were activated to give different shift properties for those modes.

As time went by GM changed them to generic names A & B to suit the various vehicles and more exotic modes that might be commanded by some vehicles. 90% of the time they are still mapped to Cruise and Performance modes. But it seems there are some weird names in there due to backwards code compatibility with other stuff. Generally coding interfaces between different software departments in GM is terrible and this is no exception.
    I count sheep in hex...

I wonder where we can get the info as to which type goes to which of the three tables?

Normal
    Pattern A
    Pattern B

Normal is the default, if your not on Pattern A or B you are on Normal.

Form the look of the image you posted:
    - Pattn 1 is mapped to Pattern A (i don't really know what Pattn 1 is as it's a generic name, possibly Cruise but exactly what it is triggered by is a function of the BCM)
    - Performance is mapped to Pattern B
    Last edited by Chris@HPTuners; 01-24-2013 at 12:48 AM.
    I count sheep in hex...

Thanks again Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by V locity View Post
    I wonder where we can get the info as to which type goes to which of the three tables?

Normal
    Pattern A
    Pattern B
    I forget which one on ours is which, AorB...but its easy to tell, since in "D" it doesn't DS into 1st, so that pattern would be our normal, and the other is perf. I have not seen where mine uses the "normal" table, not even cruise.

I'm under the impression that D uses the B tables & sport uses A tables from the factory.

I'm under the impression that D uses the B tables & sport uses A tables from the factory.
    correct

its nice hear it from Chris
    instead of just assuming
    NotoriouSS TAD
    DATLS7N 73' Datsun 620 LS7/HNC/TR6060/4.10/T2/2450lbs/603RWHP
    J5 - 96' Impala SS - 4700lb autocross machine
    Langston - 96' Caprice 9C1 Beater
    Rosie - 67' El Co - race truck w/ plates
    Wall-E - 21' Tesla Model 3P

Chris, is TUTD mapped to Norm, A or B?

Chris, is TUTD mapped to Norm, A or B?
    TUTD has it's own shift tables.
    I count sheep in hex...

Ugh... Sometimes I put the white pointed thinking cap on... :/

Any updates on this?

Potential Tuner
    I know this is an old thread but, can anybody tell me which pattern a 2008 Chevy Suburban (4L60E) uses for the tow/haul selection?

Could someone please help me? I have a 2012 Camaro SS with full bolt on's with a GPI SS1 camshaft and stock transmission. After the tuner from gpi I had another tuner tune the car and gained a considerable amount of hp. But with that tuner I lost my sport mode or maybe I lost it with the first tuner Idk. So I'm trying to figure this out on my own. I see there is a part throttle and full throttle with a selection of pattern A and B. Can someone shed some light on these selections for me? I would like to get my sport mode back and was thinking that one of those two selections is supposed to be different from one another but now they are the same as normal. Thanks

Joe

Tuner in Training
    Post your tune file.

Sorry here it is. I'm new at this. my new tune.hpt