Thread: licensing issues.... HELP

Potential Tuner

licensing issues.... HELP

alright, so im putting a car back together i bought as a roller. H/C/I/E 36lb injectors. has 01 ss ecm was originally 6spd car and ecm. i swapped to 4l60e and bought a auto harness, car ran with the ecm as it was but not good at all.
    i work at a dealer and decided rather than fiddle with whatever tune was in it id just reflash to my 1999 vin and have it match like i thought it should.
    well after the reflash my car wont start at all now, and i even tried reflashing using an 02 ss VIN with no luck.
    ive noticed the serial number shows up as a bunch of yyyyyyy on the tech2 and it wont let me license my ecm to correct my injector size.
    what gives, and what do i need to do??
    im on beta hpt software if it makes a difference
    i also attached the stock flashed 99 file

Potential Tuner
    i didnt even look at the tune that was on there but i do remember it being an 01 year model with the vin that was in it start with. and i did not save the old tune either

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    thats what mine is doing, but i dont have that many credits...
    i was doing tech2 remote programming on the ecm, do you think the VIN number change caused the issue? or the Tech2 remote program, or what else would you recommend me doing, like i said i work at a dealer so i can do stuff from the GM side or would something else form the hpt side help?
    if grabbed a file for an 01 v8 auto camaro off the repository could i license it and just "write entire" it to my ECM?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If you work at a dealer I think your only option would be to replace the pcm with one that isn't corrupt. Otherwise you can fix the pcm with our software by licensing the year/model license and flashing in a non corrupt file.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

It can be 'fixed' by doing a Write Entire with a file that has a valid serial. For most people with GenIII's long unlocked, it's just a couple minute write and it's done.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com