Thread: stock lnf vs gmpp cam tables

stock lnf vs gmpp cam tables

started with a stock tune and incorporated the gmpp bits into and noticed a huge difference in the intake and exhaust catalyst heating.

should i stick with stock or switch to the gmpp settings? i thought the stock settings were what everyone suggested?
    2008 Sky RL

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    ive always used stock cams although i leave the heating function turned off.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

so if i have catalyst heating disabled those tables dont even apply to me anymore?
    2008 Sky RL

Nope. Hense them being labeled as such..
    09 Cobalt SS - E47+EFR6758 =

07 Silverado ECSB LBZ Duramax - Bunches of goodies

good call.

i shoulda figured that out myself beforehand.
    2008 Sky RL

those tables when active are usually only active for around 5 min or so and within that 5 min of driving around the car should be warm and switch back to the mains again.

how does everybody test their cam changes? 60-100 times? i dont want to go past 7k which is required to do it without shifting so i was thinking about just going to 7k, staying in 3rd and not shifting to try and eliminate bad shifts messing with the results, and comparing the times. thoughts?
    2008 Sky RL

if you have a factory turbo the fastest times ive seen have very close to stock cams.
    if you have a dyno thats obviously the best but for those without, making the maf and ve lb/min match and increase usually nets nice power gains.

personaly i move the exhaust side a tad to make the two ve tables match each other a little better on factory turbo motors.

this is the second time ive read that the maf and ve need to match. must be important lol.
    2008 Sky RL

does this sound right?

when maf = ve all is good and optimal power is made.

when maf > ve power isnt optimized and some exhaust cam changes need to be made.

when maf < ve a maf cal is needed.
    2008 Sky RL

honestly im not 100% sure, all i was trying to get out is that if you don't have a dyno aim for sensor input agreement. if 20 people are at a table and 1 doesn't agree with everyone else there's gonna be a problem.

yeah doesnt seem like anybody knows whats going on.

they dont seem interested in working on the e69 anymore so it doesnt look like well get anymore tables to play with.
    2008 Sky RL

im sure this thread will either confirm or deny if old ecu's in general are officially dead projects with exception to vcm suite bugs and program basic updates. asking for one feature for a handfull of ecu's that have most likely slowed or halted code research could hint to us if we have been set aside with others like us to make way for the newer vehicles and their ecu's which are constantly being released every year if not more frequently than that.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...473#post316473

there is not any real major calibration decrypting going on since new ecu's are making it harder for the hpt crew to keep up to date with new vehicles. as for tables we already have i keep trying to learn more but its extremely hard without a dyno to do mapping with not to mention im waist deep in flow analysis with a few different cylinder heads.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 02-18-2013 at 06:47 PM.

checked out that link. like i said theyre not interested in the e69 anymore. they gotta get the next newest thing supported asap to get more customers.
    2008 Sky RL

yea but if the regal is a better ecu then all it takes is a wiring harness and ecu and i got both 8P

still no real time tuning though lol.
    2008 Sky RL

yea but if the adjustments are more direct like a stand alone ecu then we wont really need it as bad especially once it gets sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    yea but if the regal is a better ecu then all it takes is a wiring harness and ecu and i got both 8P
    I've never actually compared the e69 socket to that of a regal ecm so I'm pretty well in the dark here, but I wonder what you think the chances of being able to plug/play the regal ecm into an lnf harness are? Obviously there would be some inherent tuning and dtc obsticles to overcome but I'm just wondering if it's even at all possible to do without having to do a full harness swap as well.... assuming the regal ecm proves to be more potent than that of an e69 or course.
    09 Cobalt SS - E47+EFR6758 =

07 Silverado ECSB LBZ Duramax - Bunches of goodies

i have both ecu and harnesses in possession.
    0% is the chance of pnp with an lhu computer to lnf harness.
    you can do a few other nifty things for conversions that im not willing to share at this time
    but if you want advanced controls there's only one official way that i know of and its expensive.