Thread: changing Vin in 2010 ECU

Tuner

changing Vin in 2010 ECU

I am installing a 2010 ECU/engine harness/TB/pedal assembly (to run an LS2) in a BMW. I want to change the Vin# to match the BMW so that when someone plugs in (OBD2 emissions check) they see the "correct" Vin# and don't ask questions.

What are my options for changing the Vin# in the 2010 ECU? I know EFILive can do this, but I would rather stay with HPTuners (as I know it and am comfortable with it).

Chris
    2004 C5 Coupe - MM6

Senior Tuner
    Unfortunately they way HPT licences them it is not possible as it will cause a Vin/Osid msmatch.

Tune with HPT then change win with EFi Live and revert back to old vin anytime you have to tune is the only way with HPT

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by planethax View Post
    Unfortunately they way HPT licences them it is not possible as it will cause a Vin/Osid msmatch.

Tune with HPT then change win with EFi Live and revert back to old vin anytime you have to tune is the only way with HPT

Sad (what I was afraid of but better to ask)

Guess I'll be putting an order in for EFI Live so I can change the vin. I don't want the emissions guy asking questions when the GM vin pops up.
    2004 C5 Coupe - MM6