Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LNF wont start

Tuner
    Pulled the head....pistons and valves dont show any signs of making contact. Later i'll pull the valves out of the head and spin them in a drill to make sure. When I pulled the exhaust manifold it was full of gas.

Leaking injectors? Or just flooded so bad from all the cranking?
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    if a compression gauge on an lnf shows over 160 its good. i was listing the extremes. sorry i didnt answer so fast. i dont think you need to remove your valves. unless you open a valve and the seat has made an indentation deep enough on the valve from boosting so hard then its not needed.

i attached a startup log of my car. ive been busy trying to rope the idle back in. it changed when i started over with the new clutch so its been making my days busy.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 02-13-2013 at 04:21 PM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Senior Tuner
    harder to Diag a No start with engine apart.

I would start with the basics first.

Tuner
    Yeah! Ive have a new headgasket now, so Im going back together with it and my new ecm will be here tomorrow. I didnt pull the valves. They looked so good and no withness marks on the pistons. But there was soot just caked in the exhaust passeges. Soakes it all down with carb cleaner. Looking at me logs, for some reason the ecm is commanding way too much fuel at startup. Next Im going to actullay measure the frequency from the MAF to see if the ECM is reporting to the scanner the same. With out any codes its hard to know where to start. Got new Injector seals and I made my own tool at work to install them. Its nice being a machinist sometimes.

Tuner

Found the problem

After a month of troubleshooting, I finally found the problem. If you have a set of ZZP stage 1 cams you may want to keep an eye on this if you ever come across the issues that I have. Keep in mind though that Comp cams grinds this cam for ZZP and uses GM Blanks. If you look in my pics at the stage1 intake cam along side the OEM cam, you will notice that the reluctor ring has spun 60* retarded. This is an issue that has been identified by GM and is discussed in GM Tecklink. In my engine it would throw a DTC p0336 indicateing a performance issue with the CKT sensor. Really what was happening was the ECM could not resync the timing correlation with the intake CMP sensor. This prevented the engine from starting. I simple pressed off the reluctor ring, reclocked it and pressed it back on using high strength retaining compound.

Jb weld

Tuner
    Didnt think about JB Weld, but that would work good too.The stuff I used I got when I worked for Caterpillar. Im sure Loctite makes it for them. When we had bearing races that had spun in there bores, we would put this compound on the them to keep them from spinning. Said to work for a gap up to .060

Sounds kinda like 574 loctite that's cool stuff though I might have to research it