Thread: 2.2 cobalt crank relearn

Potential Tuner

2.2 cobalt crank relearn

so i fried my pcm a few days ago. got it towwed to work (gm dealer) put new pcm in flashed it went to do relearn and car wont stay running. get hpt tune in and its fine but i have 2 codes for a relearn. we try witht the tech 2 and it wont let us? are we doing it wrong? and is there anyway from hpt itself?

Senior Tuner
    It should tell you why it cant relearn.
    or is it just over reving and not hitting limiter?
    How high is your rev limit?

Ran into this exact problem the other day. What I found was the new pcm had a wierd caliberation in it that showed no error reported in a lot of the DTC list. This forced the car to not show the underlying issue. Once I changed all the SES and DTC functions back to stock the car threw about 10 codes. One for MAF, B1S1 02, and a bunch of other random codes linked to the bad 02 sensor. If there are other codes like this then you will not be able to do the relearn.
    HP-Unlimited Tuning and Custom Fabrication
    Houston area performance parts dealer
    MD800 Mustang Dyno 713-560-3889 Taylor
    2016 Camaro A8 "shop car" FIRST 6th GEN CAMARO OVER 200mph IN THE MILE 203.5mph

Quote Originally Posted by planethax View Post
    It should tell you why it cant relearn.
    or is it just over reving and not hitting limiter?
    How high is your rev limit?
    In this case the Tech 2 reads a wierd error when you try to perform the relearn. It says something along the lines of "link Error" and shuts down the operation.
    HP-Unlimited Tuning and Custom Fabrication
    Houston area performance parts dealer
    MD800 Mustang Dyno 713-560-3889 Taylor
    2016 Camaro A8 "shop car" FIRST 6th GEN CAMARO OVER 200mph IN THE MILE 203.5mph

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet08 View Post
    In this case the Tech 2 reads a wierd error when you try to perform the relearn. It says something along the lines of "link Error" and shuts down the operation.
    Thanx for the info,
    never ran into that before.