Thread: Strange idle behavior

Strange idle behavior

I am new to the Gen IV pcms and am working on my first one. Its an 07 Avalanche that has a cam, portwork, headers, cai. Once I got it pretty close so it would start good, rev good and drive good it does some thing a little weird. At an idle in park warmed up, it will have a commanded afr of 13.9 and have a smooth idle, timing is steady, fuel trims at 0, then all the sudden it will turn to a commanded afr of 14.5. Then timing goes erratic with a slight surge, and fuel trims start going negative. Then it goes back to the 13.9 and all is good again. In the past I have only worked on the LS1 pcm and the commanded pretty much stayed at 14.68, I thought the 13.9 was a little rich to be commanding. Other than changing the maf a little and adding air on startup and BAF, the tune is pretty much stock. I should have logged a quicky to show but forgot, I post tune just incase. Thanks for looking!

Senior Tuner
    shut off the flex fuel control in the ecm.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Thank you! I will try it.

Tuner in Training
    that, and i would also check the air flow and fueling differences between a/c on and a/c off. disable the a/c and see if it still does it.