Thread: LSJ MAF Tuning problem after 7200rpm.

Tuner in Training

LSJ MAF Tuning problem after 7200rpm.

I was tunning a LSJ cobalt with TVS,cams,supertech valve springs,meth and 60's
    and the issue is that after 7200 rpm Ecm still commands 11.9 AFR but it goes pig rich after that and i could not correct the issue with the MAF table. To see changes after 7200 rpms I had to change the PE table.Rpm Limit is 7700 rpm.
    Does any body seen this before?
    Any help is appreciated.

Senior Tuner
    you need to keep working the maf scaling.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
    you need to keep working the maf scaling.
    On what table do i do this?

I'm not gonna lie man, your comment above sort of scares me a bit.. lol

How are you scaling your maf without your trims being enabled btw? Purely AFR error? Regardless of how you're doing it now, it's not really working very well for you. Re-enable trims and completely rescale your maf over again. Once you get things pretty well dialed in for cruising then worry about moving onto WOT tuning. Your a/f's really are all over the place in these logs man so spend some time on this. Personally I'm not really a big fan of leaving VE disabled and running purely off of a MAF tune like you currently are but to each their own. There are quite a few other things in the tune I can comment on but start with getting the afr and maf scaling squared away first.
    09 Cobalt SS - E47+EFR6758 =

07 Silverado ECSB LBZ Duramax - Bunches of goodies

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakotec View Post
    I'm not gonna lie man, your comment above sort of scares me a bit.. lol

How are you scaling your maf without your trims being enabled btw? Purely AFR error? Regardless of how you're doing it now, it's not really working very well for you. Re-enable trims and completely rescale your maf over again. Once you get things pretty well dialed in for cruising then worry about moving onto WOT tuning. Your a/f's really are all over the place in these logs man so spend some time on this. Personally I'm not really a big fan of leaving VE disabled and running purely off of a MAF tune like you currently are but to each their own. There are quite a few other things in the tune I can comment on but start with getting the afr and maf scaling squared away first.
    now you see why i didn't respond.

the reason for shutting the ve table off is simple. the lsj, when you over run the ve table {out of scaling} the ecm goes ape shit wonky and usually goes lean as hell. shutting this off counter acts it. don't ask me why, it does it for some stupid reason. this was an issue about 4-5 years ago, now with the dynamic table it's not.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks guys for your help. I tried to adjust the table in the dyno and it was not working right. So we did the logging on the road and it worked.

Thanks Area 47 for explaining why we disable VE to tune MAF.