Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: EQ <> VE Version 4

Tuner
    and here is the screen shot using data imported from same file, read using HP Tuners.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tuner
    I think you've got something wrong with the data going in. Can you post up the HPTuners file? I'm curious what's up with it.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner
    here is the file : hptuners read.hp.hpt

Senior Tuner
    Either your read is corrupt, or there's a problem with HPTuners and your file...the data in the file makes no sense...and makes the VE chart look just like your screen shot.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Senior Tuner
    I downloaded a few 2007 5.3 files, and the data in all of them is a mess. I think there's a problem with HPTuners.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner
    I got the same result importing data from TunerCAT OBD2 from the same ECM. I have both screenshots listed, one is back end of page 5 on this thread. Both HP Tuners and TunerCAT OBD2 list the same values in all the tables. Just TC OBD2 does not go out the same number of decimals and some data is rounded up.

Tuner
    I opened a bunch of 2007-2008 5.3L calibrations and they all look the same, opened up a 2009 5.3L and the MAP^2, MAP.RPM, AND RPM^2 tables are much more filled out then tables in 2007-2008.

Senior Tuner
    Then I guess the stock parametric VE in the early E38 trucks is just horrible??? I don't know what to tell you.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

The tunercat side is broken in my software. Not on my software's side, but in CATS they don't allow for enough data precision to handle the data. Because they don't let you work with enough digits, things like the rpm^2 come out as 0.000 instead of .000002. Same as in HPTuners if you don't have the precision maxed out in the editor before you import / export.

I've seen "bad" looking stock data that didn't get much love from the engineers, but that ones pretty bad. I don't think its corrupt or referenced wrong by HPTuners, because the down low rpm looks to right. Id say its just a shitty job that didn't matter to the original gm tuner, because all the ugly is in the high rpm where the truck will not spent much time in and would be pure MAF by that point anyway.
    Last edited by Bluecat; 07-22-2013 at 08:42 PM.

Senior Tuner
    I tuned a friends 2008 5.3 truck yesterday...his had the same VE disaster in it...and since his truck is stock, I left it lol, he just wanted to adjust the speedo for his tires.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Advanced Tuner
    Where can i find the steps on how to work this program? I will love to tune my 2010 turbo sierra on a speed density.

Quote Originally Posted by 02Ls1 View Post
    Where can i find the steps on how to work this program? I will love to tune my 2010 turbo sierra on a speed density.

would like to see that as well
    2018 mustang gt a10 with headers and e85

Not as straight forward as you are looking for because yeah that one stop shopping would have been a nice to have. I just did this tuning over the weekend and this may help some. I did a search on bluecat eq<>ve and used the information from the various older version threads along with this new one. Also Greg B. put a youtube video up on how to set up your scanner for virtual ve. Once you actually start using it, I found the bluecat program itself is relatively intuitive flow and directions (import equations, create ve, modify, export equations) along with following the directions in the import and export pop-ups. Two biggest challenges I found were doing the import my Editor would crash part way and I found I had to repair it each time to get it working again and then resumed bluecat where I left off (don't close it or remember to toggle save on exit before you do). I updated some windows files so hopefully next time that problem has gone away. The other was not having a compare file which is a personal preference, so I did my adjustments by copying LS1 (VE%) format bluecat data into surrogate LS1 HPT VE table (LS1 being what I was used too) and setting up the compare with same and then modifying from there like usual from the scanner data. Once happy with the data I put it back into the bluecat table to make the equations to load back into the new tune on my 2010.
    2010 Avalanche 4WD; AES 390; Mast LS3 heads; VVT Cam; ported TVS2300; Overdrive 8 rib pulleys; 2.7 snout pulley; ID1000; LS3 TB; WB 450; Twin MM cans; built 6L80; CircleD Triple Disk, CSR flexplate; Trucool 40K; Aeroforce Dual; AFX

Tuner in Training
    I have only a variable exhaust cam. should I put the cam at 0 degrees across the table to start in the tune file, log ve error, then select the basic ve rather than vvt in the blue cat tool?

As of right now this is only intended for V8 apps with at most one variable camshaft. Which on the V8 stuff GM treats as the intake cam in the software, even though it is both.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluecat View Post
    As of right now this is only intended for V8 apps with at most one variable camshaft. Which on the V8 stuff GM treats as the intake cam in the software, even though it is both.
    Do you have any suggestions? Could I copy in my exhaust cam coefficients in place of my intake cam coefficients in the blue cat tool? Wouldn't it operate the same? Or will I be forced to put only one value into the exhaust cam table in the tune? My intake came coefficients are all zero btw.

I dont see why that wouldnt work. So long as the data you pull from the tune looks valid when you import it in. Just put your exhaust data in the programs intake fields. Move the cam position around and make sure it looks right as you rotate the cam back and forth in the data view. Only hitch i can forsee is if the cam movement in the pcm is refered to as negative movements for your cam setup. Even though the v8 cams are actually retarded as the numbers get bigger, the v8 pcm deals with it as positive numbers. So long as yours does too, it would likely work.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluecat View Post
    I dont see why that wouldnt work. So long as the data you pull from the tune looks valid when you import it in. Just put your exhaust data in the programs intake fields. Move the cam position around and make sure it looks right as you rotate the cam back and forth in the data view. Only hitch i can forsee is if the cam movement in the pcm is refered to as negative movements for your cam setup. Even though the v8 cams are actually retarded as the numbers get bigger, the v8 pcm deals with it as positive numbers. So long as yours does too, it would likely work.
    I've been doing this and it seems to be working for at least the cam @ 0*.

I assuming your working on a 3.7 I5. I pulled a tune from the repository and it should work fine. The cam movement tables are all positive numbers and the imported data behaves as it should. Be a tough one to do with only the 2 currently supported ve tables and the movement range of the stock cam position tables. It uses a large about of movement at light load and about 9 degrees for the higher loads. You could do a ve table with it locked @ 0 and the other @ 9, but will probably miss the mark by a lot when the cam is in positions greater than 9. This is where I need to implement multiple ve tables so you can tune it at 5, 10, 15, 20, 30.... and have it build the EQ data from full gamut of positions.

Tuner in Training
    Yes and if you did that, you wouldn't have me wanting to get EFI-live.