Thread: cam tables

cam tables

why is it that when i set the idle areas at 10 it shows -10 in the scanner? i know the stock table is -10 so when i changed it i expected the scanner to follow suit, why doesnt it?
    2008 Sky RL

Was it during a cold start or cat heating? If so, refer to those tables for your answer. We can give you a more definitive answer if you post a log of it happening along with your tune file. My guess is still that your cold table and cat heating table looks something like the attached pic though....
    09 Cobalt SS - E47+EFR6758 =

07 Silverado ECSB LBZ Duramax - Bunches of goodies

cat heating disabled. i dont have a -10 anywhere near idle. i borrowed stromboli86s cam tables.

heres the tune but i need a get a better log to show it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2008 Sky RL

Hmm, well then. That an interesting one then.. lol

Yeah man, definitely try to get a log of this happening. That's really wierd that you would see -10 with the cam tables set up the way you have them so I'd be curious to see it happening in the log. Hopefully someone else has can offer up something that maybe I'm missing somewhere.
    09 Cobalt SS - E47+EFR6758 =

07 Silverado ECSB LBZ Duramax - Bunches of goodies

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    make sure you have a fresh set of hptuners downloaded
    mine goes to 0
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Are you using a custom PID to correct the scanner values to match the table values?

<([PID.2172] - 10) * (-1)> Intake

<[PID.2178] - 6> Exhaust

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    no i dont use that at all really.
    the only time i use the cam pids is on the dyno when i want to command a specific duty cycle on the solenoids. in short i change values to change the duty cycle and keep track of phasing as if it were a standalone controller.

some people do the offset but as long as you can see you have made a change and it has accepted the change you can still work the difference out by comparing log files.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

I meant VENOM haha, if he has no sort of correction in a PID form the numbers he is seeing would make sense