Thread: '06 I5 80# injectors

Tuner in Training

'06 I5 80# injectors

I just installed a set of 80# injectors into 2006 I5 Colorado and am having a little issue. the truck runs good overall, except for the fact that holding the throttle steady anywhere between 1200rpm to 2000rpm the truck stumbles slightly. It revs fine, idles great, but has a stumble in the low load/low rpm area. I am running these same injectors on my 2007 I5 and were able to dial them in just fine with no issues. Take note mine is a 3.7l vs. the 3.5l 2006. There isnt a wideband on the truck yet so I cant utilize that data currently. any help would be great.

Get a wideband on it.

Tuner in Training
    the glow shift one? :-) I think I am going to have him mount it in the stock location and then supplement the feed to the stock 02 so we can at least see somethng!

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    lc-1 is the usual favorite sensor

Aem Eugo, Innovate, and Fast Dual Scan are pretty good. Innovate LC-1 is my favorite though.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    lc-1 is the usual favorite sensor

Aem Eugo, Innovate, and Fast Dual Scan are pretty good. Innovate LC-1 is my favorite though.

I have an innovative mt-x or whatever model. The guy I'm working with has a glow shift.

What values are the front o2 showing during the stumble? That will give you a general idea of what afr is doing during the stumble.

Did you match/double check values between the 3.7 and 3.5 tune? Wondering if something in that rpm range got fat fingered?
    Hawk

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    glowshift may have a different linear calculation for afr than the innovate as well. see glowshift manual for refrence points
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    come to find out the stock 02 was tripping out causing the issue. we hooked up the glowshift WB and used the narrow band analog out and hooked to the computer, all was fine. thanks guys for the input!