Thread: 06 LBZ Tune?

06 LBZ Tune?

Hey everyone. I know it shows I just joined today. But I have been on here for a little while (forgot my name on here since I haven't been on any forums for quite some time).

I have an 06 Duramax LBZ. I put my aFe stage 2 Intake and MBRP 5" down-pipe back exhaust. Going to pick up a EGR block off plate in a few from Advance Diesel out here in Granger, IN. As well as figuring out the fitting sizes to do the PCV Re-route. Other than larger tires (came on truck when I purchased it) and the mods listed, the truck is stock.

I spent all morning as well as yesterday trying to find something, or someone that may have a good reflash tune for my truck. I have access to HPTuners from a friend who tunes with it, but he hasn't done any diesels. Is there anyone out there that could help me out?

The things I am looking for in the tune:

Good city driveability
    Good fuel mileage
    Quality towing power/economy

I am not looking for crazy power where it's putting my trans in limp mode. But a good amount of power would be nice.

If anyone could help me out that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

BJ

Senior Tuner
    reading and using the search function will answer all your questions.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42299

this one is only a couple down from where you posted

I was looking at that thread, but didn't see the links. My apologizes,

*flame suit acquired* You can tally that one up as a durka durka
    BJ Roman
    Full Spool Motorsports LLC
    South Bend, IN 46635
    We do carry quite a bit of diesel stuff like aFe, MBRP, Fass Fuel Systems, Bullydog, Edge, etc.!

2006 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax CCSB
    aFe Stage 2 Intake
    MBRP 5" Exhaust with MBRP 6" tip
    EGR Block Off Plate
    PCV Re-Route

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX - Fully Built, STi Swapped, PTE5830 (for now), Shop Car, Shooting for 850whp this year

Tuner in Training
    do you have that moderate tune? 75-100 hp? All the tunes have been removed from the forums for some reasons. thanks. or if you could just email one to [email protected]

10 year old thread bud. yea the repository was castrated and now houses only stock files. I'll see what i have for files though, i've never personally done an LBZ
    2006 GTO 403ci lsa heads kooks long tubes corsa ss exhaust OTR intake HPTuned

2010 GMC Sierra LMM Duramax. Exhaust and tuned

Potential Tuner
    Don't mean to drag on an old thread but could I check out the dmax files too? I'm trying to get ideas for mine

The Mcrats tune works fairly well i had good luck with it, that is what i started with. Really most of the secrets are in the timing side of things and honestly, secrets i dont have ha. You can turn up boost and fuel pretty easy. Timing is really where you can gain some power up high and/or mileage down low

Potential Tuner
    hello i have tun file for you post your file

Looked through all my files and somehow i've never done a thing with an LBZ! Most my stuff is LB7/LLY or LMM.

Tuner in Training
    There's a file in this thread that looks ok. https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...Z-Duramax-Tune