Thread: Disable shift light on 97 sunfire?

Disable shift light on 97 sunfire?

Hi, noob here. I have a 97 sunfire gt, 2.4 twin cam with a manual trans. This isn't the primary car I bought HP Tuners for, but since I have credits left, I added ye olde work beater.

I'm looking for where to disable the shift light on the dash. I've been driving a stick shift for decades, I don't need a light on the dash. It's just a peeve.

I searched the FAQ and forums and didn't find an answer. I did see where there's supposed to be a "shift light" enabled/disabled option tab, but can't find it in my file.

I've attached my stock file to this post. If you can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Boney Benny

Senior Tuner
    In Engine General
    I see High RPM Shift Light set to 6300 RPM

Other than that there are no other tables available for this file.

Planethax, Thanks for the reply.

I saw the setting you mentioned, but that's not what I'm looking for. The shift light comes on at various rpm's depending on how far down I'm pressing on the gas pedal, and how fast the car is moving.

Just wondering - there are transmission tables in my file, even though it's a stick (no skip-shift bs on this model). Could those tables be for the shift light?

If they are for the shift light, I have no idea what to change the values to so the light never comes on.

Senior Tuner
    I believe the tables you are looking for are just not available for this file.

Thanks for the replies, but still wondering why my manual trans has tables in for the transmission. It doesn't have the "skip shift" crap...

Senior Tuner
    trans tables are there but just not used.
    The "Skip Shift" crap was either never added by HPT or just never added by GM.
    I am guessing the later.