Thread: 2011 tcm read problem

Potential Tuner

2011 tcm read problem

I requested the beta verson. It's a saturday, I've got the truck dropped off for the day. Is there any chance or place to get the beta today ?

Potential Tuner
    This is absolutly wrong......... No where on the supported vehicles listed does it say that you actually may not be able to do this without the beta version and it's not readily available. Serious Time and money are wasted here. Just a rotten situation.

Two posts and you haven't indicated what it is that you are trying to achieve, what vehicle you working with, or what build version of the software you are using.

Most 2011 trucks have been supported for some time now.

When was the last time you updated your HPT software ?

Potential Tuner
    I have version 2.22.3152.... Reinstalled in july 2012

2011 Tahoe 5.3 - editor begins download says its a 2008 suburban
    reads the VCM but then says access violation when attempt to read the transmission. From what I have read I need version 2.23

Wow ... that is a very old version of the software ... you may have reinstalled it last year, but it is several years older than that, and obviously you have not been updating your HPT software as newer versions are made available.

That software version will not work with later model vehicles. This also means you have probably never worked with a 6L80 - fairly steep learning curve compared to the 4L60/70/80 series of transmissions.

Kind of like updating anti-virus software or Windows software - something that you need to do regularly.

Potential Tuner
    It's the only version they offer to download. Because of that it cost me alot of money

Potential Tuner
    I reloaded it today ... It's the only version they offer straight from my log in page
    Last edited by Richaford; 03-16-2013 at 04:48 PM. Reason: added more

Potential Tuner
    It looks like HP tunner support fixed me up..

Quote Originally Posted by Richaford View Post
    It's the only version they offer to download. Because of that it cost me alot of money
    It didn't cost you anything, because you don't tune for a living. If you actually tuned for a living you wouldn't be using a version of the software that is years out of date.

I get tired of BS posts, and posturing from those who are the root cause of the circumstance that they complain about.

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    Whenever I plan on a customer comming in for a tune, or thinking about tuning a freinds vehicle, I always get the most current beta version beforehand. *It won't help 100% of the time*, as they are still constantly receiving tunes that haven't been mapped out yet. But I find it helps.

**I could send them all the tunes (OS's) from all of the 96-99 2.2 cavaliers in our local junkyard to be mapped out and it might not cover everything, and they could still find new ones being sent in a month or two later.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nopps View Post
    Whenever I plan on a customer comming in for a tune, or thinking about tuning a freinds vehicle, I always get the most current beta version beforehand. *It won't help 100% of the time*, as they are still constantly receiving tunes that haven't been mapped out yet. But I find it helps.

**I could send them all the tunes (OS's) from all of the 96-99 2.2 cavaliers in our local junkyard to be mapped out and it might not cover everything, and they could still find new ones being sent in a month or two later.

We're constantly adding new support whether its mapping a new operating system, adding a new vin structure, etc. and are always pretty good with response times. This one occurred on a weekend and a response with the fix was issued the same day.

In any event enough beating of a dead horse
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"