Thread: having a tuner use your interface

having a tuner use your interface

my friend has a chevelle with a gmpp LS376/480 Engine Controller Kit on a l92 and wants to get hptuners for himself to make minor adjustments on his own, but will have initial tune dialed in by a pro. is there a problem with a tuner using my friends interface because credits will be used only on this controller kit or does the tuner have to use his hp tuners interface and use up his credits aswell?
    '09 cobalt ss. hahn intercooler, intake, cp,catless downpipe, ottp stage 2 mounts, hptuners, gmpp 3bar tmap sensors, hybrid hp tuned

My tuner used my interface and saved me $100.00 on the tune.
    2009 Maverick Silver G8 GXP M6 - 586hp
    Engine Mods: TVS 2300 Magnacharger ARH 1 7/8" long tubes with catted x-pipe
    Drivetrain Mods: Ram Dual Disc Clutch
    Suspension Mods: Pedders/Wretched basic drag pack - BMR trailing arms
    Misc Mods: Jamesbiz Catch can - GRRRR8 Heater hose relo kit

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    No problem with that at all. Just make sure you get a discount like radrace19 had mentioned, the tuner you hire won't need to use his credits. Your tuner can view your tune & scans here online or via e-mail, but will have to tune in person using that interface. If your tuner has previously tuned that type of PCM/OS on another simelar vehicle before and has it obviously licenced, he can even send you back a tune looking just like yours but with the changes you require or desire. You would'nt have to licence his tune, just copy the values from the tables and enter them into your tunes tables.