Thread: LNF EGR Readiness Monitor - Incomplete

Tuner in Training

LNF EGR Readiness Monitor - Incomplete

My buddy has a 2010 HHR SS. The car has a tune on it. The car will not ready either of the following monitors:

EVAP System and EGR System

As far as I'm aware the LNF doesn't have an EGR. So how could this possibly be a test it needs to pass?

did he by chance disconnect the evap to tune the maf?
    2008 Sky RL

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by |V3nom| View Post
    did he by chance disconnect the evap to tune the maf?
    A long time ago we did, but hooked it back up right away. All DTC's are set to factory parameters.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    most of the lnf's pass the codes without a catalyst be defaulting the emissions codes to 0-dnr and then some drive time.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    Did you even read my post? The screenshot shows catalyst is complete. The question is about the egr monitor.

And for the record, catalysts was disabled before, and with 6 months of driving never went to complete.

I was hinting to try it with egr codes sounds like u have a bad base flash though. Good luck

Tuner in Training
    I saw zero egr dtc's, because I already had that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by articzap View Post
    Did you even read my post? The screenshot shows catalyst is complete. The question is about the egr monitor.

And for the record, catalysts was disabled before, and with 6 months of driving never went to complete.
    attitude wont get you very far when trying to get help.
    2008 Sky RL

Tuner in Training
    No it doesn't. But neither does reading the thread or posting suggestions that don't work on this model year.

If it was that simple, my searches would have found the answer.

Potential Tuner

egr

if this car does not have a egr, maybe it was turned on to tune with wide band through egr and did not turn it off?

Tuner in Training
    LNF has a factory wideband. No need to enable anything for such a cause.

Problem solved though, HHR was just traded in for an Evo X.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    most of the lnf's pass the codes without a catalyst be defaulting the emissions codes to 0-dnr and then some drive time.

Did you even read his response?
    He is saying most people even with out a Cat will pass if they turn the DTCs to 3
    so that may help for your EGR Evap

Quote Originally Posted by |V3nom| View Post
    attitude wont get you very far when trying to get help.
    I agree.
    No it doesn't. But neither does reading the thread or posting suggestions that don't work on this model year.

If it was that simple, my searches would have found the answer.
    maybe if you post file for us to look at we can help.

planet the vehicle got sold bro lol

by the way thanks for coming to the rescue on the alpha n cavalier thread

Tuner in Training
    Can I ask the same question without an attitude. Mine is a 16 Hellcat. EGR and EVAP not going into ready mode. I had a diablo tune and now have just bought hp tuners. The lap top I will be using comes on Sunday. I did notice on the tune that a yellow gas cap light was on. But no codes. Then the tuner some how got to turn off the yellow gas cap warning. I am not sure if that has anything to do with that. The gas cap was changed. Also a new canister was installed and some sort of vacuum switch.

LOL, I know this post is eight years old. But I am getting the same non readiness readings on these two.

Advanced Tuner
    But I am getting the same non readiness readings on these two.
    How many miles did you put on it? We had a product go through CARB certification recently and they had to put over 200 miles on the car after the flash in order to get all monitors to set...

I rarely need more than 10 miles to set all monitors. It is either the way you are driving it or you have a problem. Just look up the parameters that need to be accomplished to run the monitor. Something isn't ready. When I set most of mine in involves some dangerous driving conditions. Luckily I live in an area that allows me to drive like an idiot to get them to run. Most new vehicles have a forced EVAP monitor. If you can't get it with that something is broke. Maybe a skewed tank pressure sensor (had many of those) or some form of leak, dirty vent valve filter, leaking purge valve or the like. Smoke testers are your friend.