Thread: I have the GM Suite but I need to scan a Dodge Challenger

I have the GM Suite but I need to scan a Dodge Challenger

I haven't owned my GM suite long and didn't think I would ever need it for anything other than my own Corvette but a friend of mine is having a problem with his 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T and asked if I could scan his car.

So, my question is do I need the entire Chrysler suite before I can scan his car or will my interface work on his car?

Thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Try scanning it, might work might not.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Thanks for your quick reply!

I'll sure give it a try. He put a Kenny Bell Super charger on his car and it's pulling hard through two gears and falling on its face in third. If he sees a problem he will probably be interested in a copy of HPT.

Senior Tuner
    It'll scan the SAE PIDs but that is all. If you have the Pro interface I recommend putting a wideband on it and log against the SAE data. You will also have to make a PID for Pressure ratio and won't have any knock data.

If you find a problem, the current versions of HP won't do him any good, he should take it to a good shop to have it taken care of. There is a good one in Charleston SC that does a lot of late model Dodges.
    Jaime

Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    It'll scan the SAE PIDs but that is all. If you have the Pro interface I recommend putting a wideband on it and log against the SAE data. You will also have to make a PID for Pressure ratio and won't have any knock data.

If you find a problem, the current versions of HP won't do him any good, he should take it to a good shop to have it taken care of. There is a good one in Charleston SC that does a lot of late model Dodges.
    You are exactly right. It did scan several parameters but certainly not all of them. I very happy it did as good as it did. When I scanned it today I found a severe problem that needs to be fixed before heading out to the track again. Something is pulling a large amount of timing. We can only guess that it is KR.

I hope it is ok to ask this question here but do you know what tuning platform is being used to tune Dodge? If need be perhaps you could reply in a PM.

SCT Advantage III Dodge and Auto Enginuity for logging.