Thread: 09 Cobalt SS file into a 09 HHR SS??

09 Cobalt SS file into a 09 HHR SS??

So besides the obvious few tables that would need to be moved over to the cobalt file to match that of the hhr (ie; maf frequency and corrections tables), does anyone know if there would be any complications or issues with loading a stock 09Css file into a 09HHRss with just changing the vin?

Reason being, the car currently has a GMS1 file on it that I'd like to get rid of in order to tune over and I'd prefer to not have to credit another hhr ss in order to accomplish this seeing as how I already have quite a few 09css' credited. Thoughts?
    09 Cobalt SS - E47+EFR6758 =

07 Silverado ECSB LBZ Duramax - Bunches of goodies

Senior Tuner
    Good chance you will get
    Vin/OS mismatch error

Yeah I was sort of worried about that. When I compared all the os id's they were completely different. Crap..

Will I risk bricking the ecm if I did or would I just be able to flash the original gms1 file back with no issue?

Prob brick it. Once HPT shows VIN/OS mismatch it won't write it again to the previous OS. Went through this trying to get an '09 VIN/OS off of my LNF (it was an '08) as Vince used 09 TF flies for the layer tune for a while.

I ended up sending him the ECU to get my '08 numbers matching ECU in it when I sold it.
    I had used an '09 OS & VIN to get the GMPP tune into it for a while.

Long story but I wouldn't risk it unless you have a spare ECU around.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Thanks for the help guys. I just wish it was the answer I was looking for though.. lol