Thread: LTFT histogram without a MAF

Tuner in Training

LTFT histogram without a MAF

All of the tuning guides I've looked at seem to expect all vehicles to have a MAF sensor. Mine does not, and when I connect VCM_Scanner to my vehicle, MAF is marked as unsupported in the table.

This morning I logged my first scan on my way to work, but now I find that none of the histograms will display. I started with the default items in the table, and as I was driving I saw the LTFT readings changing, so I'm at a loss. What do I need to add to my table to get a useful histogram of LTFT's so I can adjust my VE table?

[Edit] I have also tried modifying the histogram settings. The primary field says 'unsupported table', so I set the secondary values to MAP and RPM (both of which were logged). Now I get a table with a single blank cell. Do the histogram settings need to be made *before* I start logging, or should the table be created based on the requested values and the data I already logged?

[Edit the 2nd] I finally found the hidden options! After making changes to the histogram settings, you have to right-click the table and select "Load All Data".

So now that I finally have the data showing up, I realize that my engine doesn't have the VE tables being referenced in the fuel-trim guides. So if anyone has run across a how-to guide for tuning a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer (I6 without MAF), please shoot me a link.
    Last edited by Shdwdrgn; 03-27-2013 at 03:10 PM.