Thread: 2008 G8 Gt Abs Delete?

Tuner in Training M.STAFFORD912's Avatar

2008 G8 Gt Abs Delete?

I am trying to delete the ABS completely and install a Linelock and proportioning valve for the rear. When I unplug the EBCM the car will not start. I have the schematic and I am going to bypass the EBCM all together. When it is all said and done is there a way to disable the ABS Fault on the DIC in the cluster?
    08 G8 GT | ERL 434ci Stroker (11.7:1cr) | TEA LS3 Stage 2 Heads | EPS Cam (237/247 .618 .628 114 + 3) | ATI Super Damper | Rotofab CAI | 1 3/4 OBX LT's | Magnaflow X Pipe | Magnapack Mufflers | Yank SS 3200 stall

Quote Originally Posted by M.STAFFORD912 View Post
    I am trying to delete the ABS completely and install a Linelock and proportioning valve for the rear. When I unplug the EBCM the car will not start. I have the schematic and I am going to bypass the EBCM all together. When it is all said and done is there a way to disable the ABS Fault on the DIC in the cluster?

Im in the process of doing this myself ...so far I know you need to loop the Can bus high wires at the EBCM and it'll start the trans is the last in that loop so just unplugging it means the trans looses its signal...not sure if that will get rid of the dash warnings though but Id imagine yes since the module will no longer be able to send an error message to the bcm ...if you have any additional info im all ears ..I have access to gm's shop program through my work for diagrams as well....didnt know this was a 5 year old post either lol.