Thread: 2013 chevy malibu supported yet??

Tuner in Training

2013 chevy malibu supported yet??

I just got me a 2013 chevy malibu (2.0 turbo) and im pretty sure itll perform much better tuning it more. Is it supported yet? I read on here that some of u have the 2013 cruze already messing with em...im hopping its out for the malibu also...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I reckon it'll be a few months until we finish the master for these E39A pcm's, we still haven't worked on reading/writing to them to date.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I reckon it'll be a few months until we finish the master for these E39A pcm's, we still haven't worked on reading/writing to them to date.
    Oh ok. Thanks for the info bill. Cant wait to tweak this baby's lil engine. It feels pretty fast already as it is, surely with more tuning itll surprise me even more. Thanks again.

Potential Tuner
    Any updated news for the 2.0L turbo Malibu? I'd love to get mine set up as well. Thanks!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yes, they are the E39A pcm and we finished mapping the 2013 malibu 2.0/2.5 applications back in August of this year so its ready to go

Advanced Tuner
    I currently have Trifecta tune. I'm interested in MPVI2. Wanting to speed up shifts to start. If I purchase, can I modify ECM and TCM with the two credits that appear to be included? I see a Pro version. When will it be available?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No credits are included with the MPVI2, they must be purchased separately.

Quote Originally Posted by DGS View Post
    I currently have Trifecta tune. I'm interested in MPVI2. Wanting to speed up shifts to start. If I purchase, can I modify ECM and TCM with the two credits that appear to be included? I see a Pro version. When will it be available?
    I heard that trifecta locks their tunes. Make sure your ecm is unlocked before you get your hopes up

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, Trifecta locked the PCM/TCM. After I returned to the factory tune, my friend was then able to connect his MPVI to my vehicle and download files/read the modules/computers. It appears I am good to go now. Thanks for the reply and information.
    Last edited by DGS; 08-12-2018 at 10:09 PM.