Thread: 02 Z28 Camaro Oil Pressure reading negative on scanner

Tuner in Training

02 Z28 Camaro Oil Pressure reading negative on scanner

Just did a heads, Cam and oil pump on a 02 z28, When i have the scanner on the oil pressure is reading neagative 15.4 but the gauge in the car is showing 60lbs, I have update to the new version and it still does it, anyone ever have this problem before?

thanks
    AL

Tuner in Training
    Ok still have this problem, tried it on a 04 GTO and it reads negative also, The aeroforce gauge reads the car has pressure but nothing on the Scanner

anyone have any clue why this is like that

Potential Tuner
    I had this Problem and come to find out bad Cam bearing, i pulled the cam out and the cam bearing was Rotating inside
    If this is any help LS2 LS2 are known for this! just Google ls1/ LS2 Oil problems this is How I found my Problem

A bad cam bearing doesn't explain why the gauge in the car reads good oil pressure, and the HPT scanner does not, since they read from the same sensor

My camaro is doing the same thing , my Hp tuners is reading -15.4 psi and the car gauge (needle) reads 45 psi . but I have used it on Holden commodore reads fine 38 psi .

Same thing here with the few fbodies I have tuned.

Advanced Tuner
    Maybe i'm dumb but i thought you couldn't get Oil pressure read out on the GenIII PCMs? I know you can do it on the Gen4 though.

If you have oil pressure on the dash why worry??
    https://www.facebook.com/tuningbyshanehinds
    [email protected]
    2009 G8 GT [email protected] 1.60 - Sold
    2008 A6 LS3 C6 Cammed [email protected] 1.44 Sold
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0

Quote Originally Posted by 04blackgmc View Post
    Maybe i'm dumb but i thought you couldn't get Oil pressure read out on the GenIII PCMs? I know you can do it on the Gen4 though.

If you have oil pressure on the dash why worry??
    oil pressure gauge on fbodies is horrible lol

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Camaroal View Post
    Just did a heads, Cam and oil pump on a 02 z28, When i have the scanner on the oil pressure is reading neagative 15.4 but the gauge in the car is showing 60lbs, I have update to the new version and it still does it, anyone ever have this problem before?

thanks
    AL
    Did you ever figure this problem out I am having the same issue. 02 Z28 doing the exact same thing.

99-02 Camaro/firebird doesn't have the oil pressure sender hooked to the PCM so you can't see oil pressure in the scanner.
    To be able to datalog it you need to install a 03-07 truck sensor, wire it to the PCM and possibly flash a corvette OS to the PCM
    9 sec Montecarlo SS