Thread: Cammed LS7/e38 gives P0106

Tuner in Training

Cammed LS7/e38 gives P0106

Hi everyone,

I've been reading that this code is because of a cammed car giving a much different reading than expected throwing the code.

The stock ls7 idles at 38 kPa, and my cammed LS7 is running at 67 kPa.

I don't want to just disable the MAP check, but i'd like to find out what is being measured against to throw this code.

I don't have any of the big tables of the other ECUs that show expected kPa ranges for this test, I'm sure its in here somewhere, I just don't know where to look.

Anyone have searched this one out yet? I know its a common fault, but haven't seen many LS7s try and hunt this down publicly.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    Older PCM (0411)

there was a min and max MAP measurement for idle that could be adjusted

New PCM (E40/E38)
    Under Engine Diagnoses
    they are under one test just put min 492 max 493

no need to uncheck and disable the codes in the DTC tab

also max out your enable RPM from 800 to 8192 for P068 code

good luck

Tuner in Training
    Yes I see how to turn off the testing for it, but I didn't want to do that if I could help it.

Is there no way to find what values it is using to check for the code anymore?

Tuner in Training
    In the Engine Diag section -> General -> MAP Delta

Would this be it possibly? Max delta between airflow and throttle position?

It sounds like it -could- be however the table starts at 5% throttle... mine comes up at idle.

Advanced Tuner
    Mistermog, were you able to test fixing your issue with the Map Delta table ?
    Your car should idle between 20-25% tps ? the delta map in the table for the Z06 calls for 19kpa in the 20% cell and 18kpa for the 25%cell, from 38kpa you had before to 67kpa you have now, that delta is 29kpa, so i would think increasing your map delta in all the cells from 0 to 30tps,(35tps and up are all 100 so it wouldn't matter), to something like 30-35kpa should fix your issue without disabling the tests.

Tuner in Training
    Yes I took it to redline motorsports in pompano beach and howard there got it all tweaked for me. thanks