Thread: Trans only for 2000ecm

Trans only for 2000ecm

Trying to find out how to get the ECM to accept older dizzy signal as RPM
    92 typhoon with XFI engine control and 2000 ECM to run Trans
    Thanks for any help
    Scott

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    Don't know that this will help or not but.. Running a '94 1500 and trans. with a '99 Astro ECM and engine. (Only 4.3 I've ever seen without A/C here in Chevy Blazer Land so there is another belt out there, F.Y.I.) I just have the wires hooked up from trans. for RPM, and MPH to '99 ECM - no 4WD or brake switch. Left the '94 ECM happily in place, it does nothing. Trans works great, and I can tune/control it just fine.

What vehicle is this in?

I think my problem will come in the RPM signal.... Maby I'm missing a RPM output on my pin out sheet....?

I'd think the signal from a standard Dizzy would be different than the newer 4.3's that are Cam/Crank signals.

Or am I thinking about that wrong?

Thanks for the help,
    Scott~

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    Sorry to take so long to reply. Summertime is busy. Vehicle: 1994 Chevy 1500 Full Size Pickup 4x4 w/ original trans. Engine & ECM: 1999 Non-A/C 4.3L from an AstroVan. I'll review the connections again to spot anything else that might help and That I could add here later with an edit, but for now don't forget to hook up the MPH wires. I did that the first time and it wouldn't shift right.
    Last edited by Dr. Nopps; 06-16-2013 at 01:24 AM.