Thread: VCM Scanner - What trans related info available?

Tuner

VCM Scanner - What trans related info available?

Almost ready to put my money down... one final question. What trans related information can VCM Scanner report?

I specifically want to be able to go back over logged data and compare throttle position, revs, speed, transmission gear, and when the torque converter locks and releases. I don't want to have to do that by guess work on where the revs drop.

At the moment I have an issue at specific throttle positions where the 3-4 shifts are accompanied by multiple locking and releasing of the torque converter, that all pretty much look the same when looking at logs of the car revs.

Cheers, Doug

Re: VCM Scanner - What trans related info availabl

Quote Originally Posted by Elmis
    Almost ready to put my money down... one final question. What trans related information can VCM Scanner report?

I specifically want to be able to go back over logged data and compare throttle position, revs, speed, transmission gear, and when the torque converter locks and releases. I don't want to have to do that by guess work on where the revs drop.

At the moment I have an issue at specific throttle positions where the 3-4 shifts are accompanied by multiple locking and releasing of the torque converter, that all pretty much look the same when looking at logs of the car revs.

Cheers, Doug
    we can log all the PIDs you need to achieve this.

I count sheep in hex...

Tuner

Thanks - just put in my order then,

Cheers, Doug

Tuner

Got my software this morning...

Configuration of the scanning tool seems light on the ground. Where / how do I select the PIDs to log and view transmission gear and torque converter lockup / release signals?

Thnks Doug

Doug, open up the table display.

Then click the cell you'd like to add a PID to with the left mouse button. Then click the right mouse button and an insert/delete menu will come up. You can click Insert and the list of supported PID's will be displayed. Simply double click the PID's you would like to add.

I hope this answers your question.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner

:-/

Logical - and what I had previously tried to do.

I suspect however I had been disconnected and viewing a log file - So VCM Scanner wouldn't allow me to edit the table / change the configuration. (Which makes sense.)

Anyway - playing around while connected and I was able to change the PIDs as you indicated. Not exactly sure how lock up is shown, but I should be able to play around and get the info I need.

Thanks for the prompt response.

TCC PWM Duty Cycle
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner

I had a config file setup to capture most of the trans PIDs, and was going to work it out by doing some on the road logging, and then google searching on the PIDs that apparently related to the lock up points.

The TCC PWM Duty Cycle, while in the config file, wasn't an immediate stand out.

I can see once my issues with PCM years etc are sorted out, I'm going to have a lot of fun learning.

Thanks again,

Doug

Tuner

What does the "TCC PWM Duty Cycle %" specifically represent? (I have googled and searched this forum, but the information is not entirely clear to me.)

It seems to change when the TC locks or unlocks - but does not seem to be an indication of what status it is in. (The TCC Slip RPM seems to give the best idea.)

Senior Tuner

Torque converter clutch has an apply valve
    (lock/unlock) and a PWM subregulator for
    TCC apply pressure that hangs off the main
    PWM pressure line. More TCC apply pressure
    (as PWM%) should help with converter slip
    when locked up. If you aren't slipping now,
    though, more won't do anything for you.
    My TCI slips some and I have been playing with
    this.