Thread: Problem with DBW in transplant

Tuner in Training

Problem with DBW in transplant

I have a customers 69 Chevelle here. Full resto, has a built LS3 in it with Kenne Bell. Has 2 bar map, no MAF, manual trans. It's a new GM performance parts swap harness, with swap ecu (e67) Part Number 19258271 and GMPP pedal and LS3 throttle body that came with kit. With kit installed, car starts and runs with maf and stock map sensor. Throttle works, actually runs well.

It appears this kit is using an LS2 type harness with 3 plugs and the E67 pcm.

Removed MAF and installed 2 bar map sensor. Attempted to install 2 bar custom OS and realized it was greyed out and not available. Emailed Bill at support. I was told the GMPP Ecu we had (OS: 12638778) was an "E-ROD" ecu and has no custom OS support, and one would never be available.

In an attempt to get this car going, I purchased a brand new E67 from the GM dealer with my shop discount. Used a Trailblazer SS VIN and OS and did a write entire on the ECU. This worked, and allowed me to install the 2 bar OS. Applied, disabled VATS, put in injector info, put in some rough VE numbers, set all other stuff and did a Write Entire.

Car started right up and idled, but I had no throttle. When I scan, I can see TPS, and if I move TB by hand TPS goes up to 90ish and comes back down when released. When I look at the table, I can see the ECT % when I press pedal but have no response. I disabled (no error reported) all the codes related to dbw and airflow/etc.

From what I understand the E67 doesn't require a separate TAC module, as well one wasnt proved with GMPP kit and car ran/throttled fine without an external TAC module.

I spent hours trying to get this working and failed.

In a "getting desperate" attempt (going on a week here) we took the ecu out of our own 07 Trailblazer SS and installed into the car, licensed it, reapplied 2 bar map (4 more credits, I'm in 10 credits on this job so far, 2 into GMPP ecu, 4 into replacement, 4 into this one) and again, idles, no DBW. I see it in the scanner but no response. When I key on the throttle plate moves, and TPS is working. I than took the pedal out of our Trailblazer and installed into this car, same exact thing. I put GMPP ecu back in, and keyed on and have DBW working perfectly.

What do I need to do to get this working ?!

*EDIT* Attached Files

GMPP E67 Download DBW Works.hpt
    Current File NO DBW Our TBSS Ecu and Pedal.hpt
    Last edited by Texas_AT; 06-01-2013 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    If you read on other forums there are multiple people having the same issue, I am not aware of a solution. However, the gmpp software is 3 bar capable as is. Change the data for the sensor, find and learn to use the blue cat software on the this forum, and your good to go.

Tuner in Training
    Update for future searches

Fixed. The TBSS Pedal uses a slightly different pinout on the pedal itself, had to swap 2 wires and use the trailblazer pedal, car is running great on 2 bar OS with DBW

Do you remember which wires you switched? I know old post.
    Thanks